*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189637-Blending-In
Rated: E · Fiction · Sci-fi · #2189637
Trying Not to Stand Out
Blending In

WC 264


"You know your hair is green." The woman said it so matter-of-factly, like everyone she knew had green hair.

"I know." I tried to ignore her. No luck. She stayed there, looking into my eyes.

"It kind of matches your eyes."

"I know."

"Did you do it on purpose?" She moved a seat closer to me and was still looking into my eyes.

"No and please go away." I was trying to ignore this person but it was getting harder to do. She was definitely in my space now. I shut the book I had been reading.

"Can I touch your hair? See if it is real?"

"No. It is real, trust me." I tried to get up from the table but her arm shot out and grabbed a bit of my hair.

"You're right. It's real. Are your eyes really that color or are you using contacts?"

"OK! Listen. I am real, the hair is real, and the eyes are real. But you are unreal. Please leave me alone or I will have to call security!" I stood up and towered over her. I guess my full height scared her. She backed off and left me alone so I could finish my book. I have that effect on people.

It was hard to be unnoticed on Earth. They said it might be a problem when I left. I thought reading the book "Blending in Urban Society" might help. Evidently I was mistaken. Guess I will have to find a way to shorten my fifteen-foot human frame. Maybe then I will fit in.



© Copyright 2019 QueenNormaJeanGreeneggs&vegham (normajeantrent at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2189637-Blending-In