*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2217951-The-Will-of-the-One-Who-You-Can-not-See
Rated: E · Short Story · Dark · #2217951
You know they’re there, right? Alternate title, The One Near the Willow
         Do you talk to them? Do you talk to the one who isn’t there? You can feel them, but you can’t see them. No one can. They are here, some where, but no one knows where, and no one is sure if they are truly there. You believe, though. You can feel them whenever you are by that willow; the one that has always been there. The one that seems to never change.
         They tell of all the things you never knew. You ask people if this knowledge is true but everyone you ask just look at you weird and stay silent. You know in your heart that it must be true. There is no way it couldn’t be, right? They have seen so much that, they can’t be wrong.
         One day they start telling you things that were going to happen in the future; things like how you were going to lose your friend that is in the town over. You tell your friend immediately, but he just stares. You stop telling him when he moves away; you never do learn where he moved to. No one has bothered to tell you. You know you tried to tell them, so it can’t be your fault when he is truly gone, right?
         They start telling you how you are going to lose everyone soon. You make sure to tell everyone in sight, they should know that they are going to be cut short. As time marches on, you find that fewer and fewer people are ever around. You eventually realized that you tried to tell them, but they wouldn’t listen.
         Today, you realized that no one was in the town, they had all left. You can’t bare to see all of your friends and family gone, so you lock yourself in your house. All alone, you think of how you might have been able to fix this, if only everyone had listened. All there is to talk to is the one you can’t see.
         As you finally succumb to the darkness everyone looks from the window, wishing you had listened when you were told not to listen to the one by the willow. The one no one else could hear.
© Copyright 2020 Joesmoe (kberg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2217951-The-Will-of-the-One-Who-You-Can-not-See