*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219783-Not-As-Advertised
by mxnasi
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2219783
Flash-Fiction with the words "I saw it on TV."
“Hurry up,” I told my friends. The car was not going to sit around all day. We had to get this done as quickly as possible.

“She’s beautiful, isn’t she?” Harry said while running his hands over the roof of the exotic-looking Range Rover.

“This is the one,” I nodded to my friends.

“Sam, are you crazy? You know it belongs to one of the richest families in this town?” Harry responded.

Yes, I did know. It was Mr. Carlson’s. But I had it all planned. It was why I had chosen this particular day because it was his daughter’s sixteenth birthday. Every year, they have a small party in the town’s favorite café and so the car would be left unattended. But of course, we were reselling it. We couldn’t keep the car to ourselves. After all, we were good folks, but my brilliance would make us all very rich.

“Of course, I do, I’m not stupid.” I scowled. “Did you bring the rod?” I asked Brent.

“Yes, but I don’t know…I have a bad feeling about this.” He replied.

“Yeah, do you even know how to break in?” Harry added.

“Don’t worry guys, I saw it on TV,” I said confidently.

As soon as we managed to open the car door, an alarm began blaring.

“What are we supposed to do now?” Harry yelled panicking.

“You tell me. The TV did not prepare me for this.” I shouted back.

“G-Guys, isn’t that Mr. Carlson heading our way?” Brent tried staying calm.

“Run,” I yelled.

And that was the day I realized that I did not have a knack or the brains for robbery.



© Copyright 2020 mxnasi (mxnasi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2219783-Not-As-Advertised