My take on covid pandemic
|As time passes in a pandemic there’s a greater chance of survival for those getting infected 3 months later like June 2020 than those who got infected 3 months earlier say February 2020.
The reason for this is that Doctors and scientists know more about Covid-19 now than 3 months ago and hence are able to treat patients better.
1. A virus, unlike bacteria, requires a host to replicate. Its not going to survive for long outside the body. So if someone coughs and you walk past that location an hour later the chances of you getting the virus are very slim. It spreads through droplets from a persons mouth - when they cough, or if it’s on their clothes or hands and it can survive on certain surfaces (steel and plastic especially) for a couple hours - so if you touch any surface in public - sanitise! After you touch doorknobs in public - don’t touch your face, just sanitise. If you come in contact with a sick person or direct droplets and if it finds a way to get inside your body then you’re in trouble. IT DOES NOT JUST FLOAT AROUND IN THE AIR AND SURVIVE FOR DAYS.
2. Viruses only exist to make more viruses. A virus particle attaches itself to the host cell before penetrating it. The virus then uses the host cell’s machinery to replicate its own genetic material. Once it’s done with replication, the virus particles leave the host by either budding or bursting out of the cell (lysis). Basically it kills your cells to further it’s own multiplication, which is why you feel shitty and sick. (Because your viral load increases and that triggers an immune response)
3. The virus cannot be killed by drinking hot water, by eating a certain type of food or anything of the sort. Sure, eat healthy to keep your immunity up but it’s not going to eliminate the virus. In order to get rid of a viral infection(like any and every viral infection you’ve had in your life) you need to stop the virus from replicating. For that you need medicines and a strong immune system. If you could cure it with hot water - people like me, wouldn’t have jobs.
4. If you have a cold or cough - if you feel sickly -STAY AT HOME. Do not go out and put other people at risk. Have some empathy for your fellow humans. You will probably recover- but think about what might happen if you pass it onto someone with Heart disease, cancer, respiratory problems, immunodeficiency, or old people. SO DONT BE INSENSITIVE.
5. Try and manage your symptoms if you have a cold or cough - it could just be allergies or it could be COVID19. If you are able to treat your symptoms and they don’t worsen then - It might’ve just been seasonal allergies. However, to be safe stay at home for a couple days. If anyone in your family has symptoms please do impose a quarantine and do not wander around because you might have contracted it.
6. If your symptoms worsen - take them seriously. PLEASE DO NOT GO AROUND SPREADING THIS. Once again, healthcare facilities have limited resources so if you have it, get it checked, make sure you listen to medical professionals - Who actually know what they’re doing and have studied for years to help you and not the next random person spreading panic and fear on the internet.
7. MASKS - masks do not increase your chances of being protected. Think of it this way - If you’re in the vicinity of a sick person and they cough or come in contact with you the germs will get on your mask and your clothes. If you’re going to touch your mask accidentally you are far more likely to transfer those germs to your face and mouth. Either way whether you have a mask or not the virus will get on your clothes and your face, where it can remain active. So regardless you’re not really reducing your risk level - mask or no mask. And please, please do not reuse single use masks if you are still adamant on using them.
8. The only time I would recommend wearing a mask is IF YOU ARE SICK. So that if you sneeze or cough, it won’t spread to other people
9. Do not panic, resort to fear mongering or share fake news please. Being out in the sunshine does not kill the virus. Just because you live in a hot country doesn’t mean it doesn’t spread from person to person contact. Please understand this. Think about it. The body’s first response to a viral infection is a fever - because viruses are inactivated by heat. However, this is regulation of your internal body temperature. Staying out in the sun and getting a sun burn will not kill any viral infection you already have.
10. Do not believe everything you read online. You are educated people with access to the internet and the ability to verify your sources.
11. DO NOT PANIC and create an environment of fear and stress
12. Be conscious of everyone around you and do impose a self quarantine and follow measures such as washing your hands for 20 seconds, avoiding large gatherings and crowds, carrying an alcohol based sanitizer, making sure you’re at a safe distance from people, coughing into tissues or the crook of your elbow, not spitting in public, please show some concern for other humans some of whom may be at a higher risk.
13. Follow these measures and you’re going to be fine. Once again it’s not a virulent strain and not very potent. However our major goal is to curb the spread so please help curb the spread. Such pandemics of large scale proportions affect people’s lives - and we cannot risk spreading it to areas where medical facilities are severely lacking. It is important to remember that every year, more people die of cancer, heart disease, HIV - AIDS and other diseases so there is no need to Panic. Here are some verified sources you can follow and believe -
1. The official website for the center for disease control (CDC)
2. The official UNICEF website.
*_(Since the virus has a window period (asymptomatic period - you could still be a carrier) - averaging 10/14 days, if you have travelled to any place where positive cases have been identified - please be smart and impose a self quarantine for 10/14 days)_
I will list *5 important things* that we know now that we didn’t know in February 2020 for your understanding.
1. COVID-19 was initially thought to cause deaths due to *pneumonia- a lung infection*- and so Ventilators were thought to be the best way to treat sick patients who couldn’t breathe. *Now we are realizing that the virus 🦠 causes blood clots in the blood vessels of the lungs* and other parts of the body and this causes reduced oxygenation. Now we know that just providing oxygen by ventilators will not help but we have to prevent and dissolve the micro clots in the lungs. This is why we are using drugs like *Asprin and Heparin ( blood thinners that prevent clotting) as a protocol in treatment regimens in June 2020. *
2. Previously patients used to drop dead on the road or even before reaching a hospital due to reduced oxygen in their blood- OXYGEN SATURATION. This was because of *HAPPY HYPOXIA*- where even though the oxygen saturation was gradually reducing the COVID-19 patients did not have symptoms until it became critically less like sometimes even 70%. **Normally we become breathless if oxygen saturation reduces below 90%. **This breathlessness is not triggered in Covid patients and so we were getting the sick patients very late to the hospitals in February 2020. Now since knowing about happy hypoxia we are monitoring oxygen saturation of all covid patients *with a simple home use pulse oximeter and getting them to a hospital if their oxygen saturation drops to 93% or less*. This gives more time for doctors to correct the oxygen deficiency in the blood and a better survival chance in June 2020.
3. We did not have drugs to fight the coronavirus 🦠 in February 2020. We were only treating the complications caused by it... hypoxia. Hence most patients became severely infected.
```**Now we have 2 important medicines
FAVIPIRAVIR & REMDESIVIR**```
Which are ANTIVIRALS that can kill the coronavirus 🦠. By using these two medicines we can prevent patients from becoming severely infected and therefore cure them BEFORE THEY GO TO HYPOXIA. This knowledge we have in JUNE 2020... not in February 2020.
4. Many Covid-19 patients die not just because of the virus 🦠 but also due to the patient's own immune system responding In an exaggerated manner called *CYTOKINE STORM*. This stormy strong 💪 immune response not only kills the virus 🦠 but also kills the patients. In February 2020 we didn’t know how to prevent it from happening. Now in June 2020, we know that *easily available medicines called Steroids,* that doctors around the world have been using for almost 80 years *can be used to prevent the cytokine storm in some patients*.
5. Now we also know that people with hypoxia became better just by making them lie down on their belly- known as prone position. Apart from this a few days ago Israeli scientists have discovered that a chemical known as Alpha Defensin produced by the patients White blood cells can cause the micro clots in blood vessels of the lungs and this could possibly be prevented by a drug called Colchicine used over many decades in the treatment of Gout.
So now we know for sure that patients have a better chance at surviving the COVID-19 infection now in June 2020 than in February 2020 for sure. India has not peaked in March or April because of the lockdown. This strategy has postponed the Covid-19 pandemic in INDIA by 3 crucial months that have enabled us to save thousands of lives.
Going forward there’s nothing to panic about Covid-19 if we remember that a person who gets infected later has a better chance at survival than one who got infected early.
Let’s all follow simple precautions like
-6 feet distancing from others
-Wear proper masks
-Work from home whenever possible
-Order delivery and take away of food groceries and vegetables
- Stay at home during the lockdown
- Hand 🤚 wash & hygiene
COUNTRIES CONFIRMED SECOND WAVE IS MORE DEADLIER...*
SO WE HAVE TO TAKE UTMOST CARE AND MAINTAIN ALL PRECAUTIONS*.
*WE WILL NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE THE 2ND PHASE OF LOCKDOWN...*
*COVID-19 CRUCIAL INFORMATION*
◉ Due to the collapse of the health system, we, the health professionals, have prepared this message for the people, in case you do not want to risk going to the hospital immediately;
◉ Symptoms appear from the third day after infection (viral symptoms).
➙ 1st phase;
◉ Body pain
◉ Eye pain
Runny nose or nasal congestion
◉ Burning eyes
◉ Burning when urinating
◉ Feeling feverish
◉ Scuffed throat (sore throat)
➙ It is very important to count the days of symptoms: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
◉ Take action before the onset of fever.
◉ Be careful, it is very important to drink plenty of fluids, especially purified water. Drink plenty of water to keep your throat moist and to help clear your lungs.
➙ 2nd phase; (from 4th to 8th day) inflammatory.
◉ Loss of taste and / or smell
◉ Fatigue with minimal effort
◉ Chest pain (rib cage)
◉ Tightening of the chest
◉ Pain in the lower back (in the kidney area)
➙ The virus attacks nerve endings;
◉ The difference between fatigue and shortness of breath:
• _Lack of air is when the person is sitting - without making any effort - and is out of breath;
• Fatigue is when the person moves around to do something simple and feels tired.
➙ It takes a lot of hydration and vitamin C.
Covid-19 binds oxygen, so the quality of the blood is poor, with less oxygen.
➙ 3rd phase - healing;
◉ On day 9, the healing phase begins, which can last until day 14 (convalescence).
◉ Do not delay treatment, the sooner the better!
➙ Good luck everyone!
It is better to keep these recommendations, prevention is never too much!
• Sit in the sun for 15-20 minutes
• Rest and sleep for at least 7-8 hours.
• Drink 1 and a half liters of water per day
• All food should be hot (not cold).
➙ Keep in mind that the pH of the coronavirus ranges from 5.5 to 8.5.
So all we have to do to eliminate the virus is to eat more alkaline foods, above the acid level of the virus.
◉ Bananas, Lime → 9.9 pH
◉ Yellow lemon → 8.2 pH
◉ Avocado - pH 15.6
◉ Garlic - pH 13.2
◉ Mango - pH 8.7
◉ Mandarin - pH 8.5
◉ Pineapple - 12.7 pH
◉ Watercress - 22.7 pH
◉ Oranges - 9.2 pH
➙ How do you know you have Covid-19 ?!
◉ itchy throat
◉ Dry throat
◉ Dry cough
◉ High temperature
◉ Difficulty breathing
◉ Loss of smell and taste
See the sea of Changes that the letter *C* has brought!
No one expected that the alphabet "C" would play a Completely overwhelming role compared with any of the other alphabets...
Confirmed (C) Confinement (C) Contamination (C)
The two most serious "C"s are,
The possible remedial drug is, Chloroquine (C)
The beauty is, it started from China (C)....
But at the same time,
GOD smiled and said...
Cleanliness (is the remedy...)
Courage (is the need of the hour...)
Compliance with expert advice...
The contention to overcome the crisis...
Clarity of thought...
Cooperation with fellow beings...
Caring for the needy...
is awaited...in a Short while...
A cure is definitely going to come.