*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249564-Talking-to-the-birds-and-the-bees
Rated: E · Short Story · Animal · #2249564
May 2021 entry for The Dialogue 500 contest
Let me tell ya 'bout the birds and the bees.

Could you please stop that caterwauling!

Who said that?

I did! Nigel, the Rock Dove, and this is my friend Busy Betty Bee.

What's wrong with that song?

It isn't the song. It's your voice!

What's wrong with my voice?

You couldn't carry a tune in a bucket, with or without a hole in it. Isn't that right, Betty?

Nigel, don't be so hard on the Lady. She's obviously musical challenged.

Thank you, Mrs. Bee.

Please, Miss, call me B.B. or Betty. I'm a worker bee not a queen bee.

Thank you, B.B. I'm tone deaf, but I didn't think my voice was that bad.

That's because you can't hear it while your attempting to sing.

Mr. Pigeon...

It's Nigel Rock Dove! I AM NOT a pigeon! I don't scavenge from human garbage cans. I hunt! I eat seeds, grains, snails, and bugs... other than bees. Of course, some of my less picky relatives do eat bees, which is why I partner with Betty. She needs protection in her pollination duties.

Thank you for the ornithological and entomological information, Nigel. Now if you two, lovely creatures, will excuse me, I have to go to the grocery store.

We don't care where you go, as long as you don't sing.


***Notes***

Word Count: 219
Prompt: You're Outside Talking to the Birds and the Bees.
Written for "The Dialogue 500


© Copyright 2021 Prosperous Snow celebrating (nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2249564-Talking-to-the-birds-and-the-bees