*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258457-Susan
by Jacky
Rated: E · Fiction · Contest Entry · #2258457
Flash Fiction
Susan

“Hey, Susan!”

“What did you call me?”

“Susan?”

“Why did you call me that?”

“Um, because it’s your name...”

“No. My name is Teresa.”

“Very funny.”

“Not funny, truth.”

“Susan, that’s not funny!”

“Who are you even? I don’t even know you and you’re yelling at me because you don’t like my name?”

“You really aren’t Susan? You look just like her!”

“Susan who?!”

“Susan Benson, goes to Alexander Gray School on Front Street. You look just like her!”

“You’re serious aren’t you.”

“Yes! You honestly look just like her!”

“Wow. I don’t know if that’s good or bad. I’d really like to meet her. You said she goes to Alexander Gray School? Do you know where she lives?”

“Not really, I don’t know her that well yet.”

“Well, maybe I’ll come over to that neighborhood one day and see if I can find her. Susan Benson huh? I bet I could look her up.”

“Yeah sure! Wow, I can’t believe how much you look like her!”

“Well, bye!” she walked off.

Around the corner she met her friend Andrea. “That was mean!”

“Ted’s kind of a jerk.”

“So now what? He thinks there’s a girl who lives over here, who looks just like you, whose name is Teresa!”

“And I will spend the rest of my life making him try and find her for me!”

“You are so mean!”

On their fiftieth wedding anniversary, Susan finally told Ted there really was no Teresa. Ted acted surprised, and a frankly, little upset! But, really... he’d known it the whole time. Truth be told, Susan knew he knew it the whole time too.

It was one of those weird marriage things that somehow make them work out so well. They giggled a lot talking about it that night, among other things.
© Copyright 2021 Jacky (cliffjack at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2258457-Susan