*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288299-The-Mists-Enigma
Rated: E · Prose · Mystery · #2288299
The story contains elements of mystery, fiction and has a touch of gothic.
The mist rolled in over the hills, enveloping everything in its path in a soft, gray veil. As it crept through the forest, the trees became ghostly apparitions, their leaves and branches barely visible through the swirling fog.

A young woman, wrapped in a thick cloak, walked along the muddy path, her steps slow and deliberate. She had lived in these woods all her life and knew every twist and turn of the trail, but the mist made it feel like she was wandering through an unfamiliar land.

As she walked, the woman couldn't help but feel a sense of mystery and intrigue. The mist seemed to have a life of its own, shifting and moving in response to some unseen force. It was as if the forest was holding its breath, waiting for something to happen.

Eventually, the woman came to a clearing and saw a figure standing at the center. It was a man, tall and broad-shouldered, with a cloak that matched the mist. He turned to the woman and beckoned her over, a faint smile on his lips.

Curious, the woman approached the man and saw that he held a staff in his hand. Without a word, he handed it to her and gestured for her to follow him. The woman hesitated for a moment, but something in the man's eyes told her that she could trust him.

Together, they walked through the mist, the man leading the way and the woman following close behind. They walked for what felt like hours, but the woman lost track of time in the ethereal world of the mist.

Finally, they came to a small cottage nestled in a clearing. The man opened the door and gestured for the woman to go inside. As she crossed the threshold, the woman felt a warmth and comfort that she had never known before. She turned to the man to thank him, but he was already gone, vanished into the mist from which he had come.

The woman spent the rest of the day in the cottage, wrapped in blankets and sipping hot tea, feeling grateful for the strange encounter that had led her there. And as the mist slowly lifted, she knew that she would never forget the man who had guided her through it.
© Copyright 2023 Igor Skoglund (iskoglund at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2288299-The-Mists-Enigma