*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/726565-The-Abduction
by Shaara
Rated: ASR · Short Story · Sci-fi · #726565
He says he was abducted and has proof. Do you believe him?
Prompt:
by: Phil the BabyHead Use:Objects - cup, book, cd - Situation - an alien abduction

A 355 words Flash Fiction Story

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


         Listening to my favorite CD through the headphones, I was sitting under the old oak tree, beating time to the music. A covered, paper cup of Java was in one hand, my other hand held a book of poetry -- those of a good friend, Harry E. Gilleland, Jr. Harry . The poem, The Strange Behavior of Birds had caught my attention, and I was rereading it for the fifth time when I heard a buzz. Thinking I was being molested by one of those darn mosquitoes out for a summer feast, I swatted the air.

         “Ouch!” The darn thing bit me -- right on my finger! Of course, I sucked away at the bite, but I also looked down to see if the nasty critter had fallen to the ground, tossed there by the wave of my hand. The thing was lying there, all right, but it was like no mosquito I'd ever seen. It had polk-a-dots of pink and purple, and the orange background of its tiny body made it look like a miniature circus tent.

         I wasn't thinkin’ too clearly; I reached down and picked the thing up. That’s how I got sucked inside. Ever have the flu so bad that even after everything has been emptied out of your stomach, you still keep heaving? Well, that's how it feels being sucked inside a spaceship the size of a thumb.

         I don’t know what happened next. I think they took me to their world. I seem to remember flashes of pink, orange, and purple -- bright lights, too. But the next thing I remember is being spit out in New York City, right on top of the Statue of Liberty, down inside the cradle of its torch.

         Of course, the cops didn't believe my story about aliens. They said I was a nut case, but it’s the honest to God truth. I’ve even got proof. Look at my arm. See all those tiny spots? The cops say they’re only freckles, but I know better. Those are sunburns from being on that other world. Can’t you see? Look closely! You see them, don't you?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
© Copyright 2003 Shaara (shaara at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/726565-The-Abduction