*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018581-Surviving-the-Tiny-Autumn
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Doom
Rated: E · Book · Other · #2202852
A Blog, Written by Me, Now That I Can
#1018581 added November 2, 2021 at 7:59pm
Restrictions: None
Surviving the Tiny Autumn
September! Not as prolific as August was, but still some good additions to "Tiny Survival. Thanks again to everyone who contributed and all those who sent me gift points - I should be able to renew my upgraded membership this month!

What did we get this month?

FanOfSmall provided two chapters. In "Trek at Twilight we return once more to the outdoor survival with the hiker girl. It's been a while! "The Fountain branches another potential entry to city hall. More options and paths are always good. I myself have added to both these entries, and invite others to read and contribute themselves!

TheReader gave us "Caught by the Birthday Girl, expanding the mythology of the shrinking technology with some serious implications. I've added myself to this, and look forward to seeing where it leads! "Negotiations has a shrunken adult attempting to prove himself an equal to a young boy. "Uh O gives us a classic death scene, but "Nothing to cry over does provide a way around it, leading to another unaware adventure with a family.

Heartache wrote two different approaches to the ear. One, "You climb to the outer layers of the ear, above... is an unaware crawling around a head, and the other, "Try to communicate with Rachel, tell her you me... reveals the shrunken adventurer to the Andersons: can that possibly end well for our hero? Again, as with all the (non-death!) chapters I've mentioned, I've added to these myself, and implore those who feel so inclined to pour themselves in as well.

A few chapters from myself, unrelated to the brilliance outlined above:

"An Adult Conversation and "Not Big Enough to Stay are two branching paths from the story where our protagonist has spooked the Andersons by leaving a note for them, and now tags along as they flee the house in fear of him. If they knew he was only 1/8" tall, they wouldn't be so scared...

"A Trite Cliche Earns No Favour, "Little and Large, On the Road Together, "Rebellious Teen Titan, "Laying Down The Truth and "A Fine Line are further discussions between a 3/8" hero and Dahlia Klitch, the teenager into whose care he's been entrusted. Can he talk his way into her good graces and earn his freedom? Five different paths, and some with more than one chapter along their length!

"No Ant Left Behind is back to the smallest of all, sitting at 1/32" in the neighbour's garden, earning the aid of ants.

"Sleeping In a Toe Crater and "The Home of the Lifeguard are at different stages of the beach adventure with different giants. Will our survivalist ever get any peace from them?

Now, the future. Adventures with the Andersons and the beach family has me wondering if I should go back to the Gillespies (kudos to those who recognise the name off the top of their head!) and push those lengthy storylines even further. It's been a while, and there's lots of continuity, which is why I got kinda burned out on those for a bit, but having so many talented writers adding here, getting to bounce off their wild ideas, has given me a little extra energy!

© Copyright 2021 Doom (UN: doom at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Doom has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1018581-Surviving-the-Tiny-Autumn