*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014268-Childhood
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1014268 added July 25, 2021 at 2:55am
Restrictions: None
Childhood
PROMPT July 25th

We were all children at one time. Some much longer ago than others. Tonight, write about the things you loved doing when you were a child.

Reading, reading reading. I would read anything I could to get my hands on. My best days were going into the bookshop with my mother. The smell of new books still brings childhood memories back to me.
And going to the library. Our local library was in the church basement I can still feel the excitement and anticipation when walking down the steep slope and entering the brown door and entering the hushed sanctity of our library.
I loved all the usual childhood games. Marbles, playing chasy, skipping with a rope and dressing up and pretending to be anything and anyone. Climbing trees and watching my family being unaware I could see them. Especially my brothers. Of course being the only girl I was roped in to be part of their games too.
.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014268-Childhood