*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014744-Last-day
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1014744 added July 30, 2021 at 2:21am
Restrictions: None
Last day
PROMPT July 30th

Well, we've made it to the end of the month! Thank you for putting up with the prompts I've chosen. This is my first month doing this, it can be fun, and frustrating. *Smile*

Now the actual prompt. Everyone is injured in one way or another at some time in their life. Tonight, write about a memory of a physical injury.

If you like, please include in your post 2-3 subjects you would like to see used as prompts in September. Thank you!

I’ve been fairly lucky regarding physical injuries. No broken bones ever.
When I was little I ‘helped’ my dad in the garden and impaled my foot with a garden fork. Still got the scar from that little episode. I remember my dad taking me to the doctors on the crossbar of his bike. We had no car in those days.
Then when I was teenager I was a pillion rider on the back of my boyfriend’s motorbike. He was what was known as a ton up boy. That meant he liked to get up to 100 miles per hour on the straight. We had been doing that speed when another bike rider put on his brakes suddenly in front of us. We were still going quite fast when we came off. I thought I’d broken every bone in my body but no I was just badly bruised and had to make sure I was fully clothed when my Mum was around for the next month or so, as she disapproved of my boyfriend and his motorbike.
My chronic life long injury is my back. I’m wondering as I write this if it all started with the bike accident?
I’ve had an operation on my back and considering another.

Thank you so much for the interesting prompts this month. I’ve enjoyed it very much.

© Copyright 2021 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1014744-Last-day