*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034411-What-We-Say-With-Colour
Rated: 13+ · Book · Other · #1966420
Theses are my thoughts and ramblings as I forge my way through this thing they call life.
#1034411 added June 28, 2022 at 3:30pm
Restrictions: None
What We Say With Colour
Blogging Circle of Friends (BCoF)

Day 318: June 28, 2022
Tuesday: Cultural: . “I found I could say things with color and shapes that I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for.” – Georgia O'Keeffe
What do you think, can a artist say things with color that they can't find words for?


This is an interesting concept. I am currently working on a paranormal novel that has my main character, a witch, with the talent of seeing colours as emotions when she touches others. I think this use of colour adds another dimension to expression.

Shades of colour and colour combinations can express different things. For instance, Green. Green has many hues and aspects. Jealousy to me would have a yellowish tinge to it. A deep forest green is growth and strength. Two very different aspects of life, but each with a colour pallet that speaks volumes.

Red can mean passion or anger. With my character, she sees a reddish golden glow whenever her love interest touches her. It is so strong she can experience it without even making contact. The colour heightens to a deeper red in passion when they are more intimate. The golden aspect of it is more affectionate and stable. Having seen and experienced this colour from him, she has learned when to be leery of boys who are only out for a good time - their colour pallet is far more menacing. It has been a defense mechanism for her, in a way.

As for artists.... I haven't experienced enough art to really say, but this concept interests me and I may just have to take myself off to a gallery to really see I can get a sense of things. Looking at art online does not have quite the same impact as seeing the art up close and personal. Maybe that is a colour thing.... the vibrancy of life is in the face to face, not the online aspect.

© Copyright 2022 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1034411-What-We-Say-With-Colour