*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774275-Friday-Night-Blues
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#774275 added February 8, 2013 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
Friday Night Blues
It's Friday night, the wind has blown all day. It's an arctic wind that penetrates muscle and bone to freeze the marrow. The wind woke me up this morning by pushing the front door open, which caused the alarm to say "Front door open." It frightened me because I'm not used to hearing it talk at night. I locked the security screen so no one could get in, at least not easily. Still when the voice announced that the door was opened, I picked up my cell phone ready to dial the emergency number, but I decided to check the door before speed dialing 911.

It's been a long day, this morning I was stiff. I zombie walked until about noon, of course loading a box into the car didn't help. My knee doesn't hurt now, but it did earlier today. I didn't take a NAPROXEN tablet today, perhaps I should have taken on, but I don't like to become dependent on pain medication. Taking too many of this med can cause damage to other organs. My knees are already damaged; which reminds me, I have to find the list of over-the-counter items my doctor said to take for the osteoarthritis.

Tonight I'm feeling blue, sad and I'm not sure why. Maybe it had something to do with the box of material I pulled out of a closet this afternoon. I'm not sure what to do with it. I'm not sure what my mother planned to do with the fabric. I may find a charity that makes quilts and give it away. I may put a price on the box and sell it at my garage sale. The fabric wasn't the only box I found in that closet. I pulled out another box that had Mom's hobby items. She had planned to paint (fabric paint) everything in that box. Perhaps she was going to use fabric paint on the material and make something. Anyway, now I have the job of disposing of them.

I guess that's reason enough to have the blues. That, and the fact, that I don't think I'm going to get to the storage unit tomorrow. I only have a laundry basket and another box in the car. I'm not sure I wanted to go the that unit tomorrow anyway, especially if it's as cold as today. Of course, I could think it's colder then it really is. The cold weather get to me any more. I have to put stuff in storage. I have to downsize, if I had my way I'd put everything in storage and I wouldn't have to make a decision about what to do with it. However, I don't think that would be a good idea because after I died someone else would have to make the decision. I suppose I'd better suck it up and make the decision on what to do with this stuff.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/774275-Friday-Night-Blues