*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803274-War-Chest-Tuesday-A-Thirty-Second-Speech
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#803274 added January 14, 2014 at 1:33pm
Restrictions: None
War Chest Tuesday: A Thirty Second Speech
It's War Chest Tuesday! The January 14, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
You have 30 seconds to give a speech to the entire world population and after you finish, you will die. What would you say?

Thirty seconds to give a speech, I'm not sure I could do it because it takes me longer then that to write a thirty second speech. As for giving a speech off the top or the bottom of my head, well that could be bit difficult too because I seem to encounter stage fright at the most in opportune times. I could just stand there, stare blankly at the audience for 29 seconds and then mutter something like "Live long and prosper." or "Does anyone know where the ladies room is located?"

All right, I suppose I should get serious, but I don't want to. I'm back on my thyroid meds, feeling like my old self, and between writing spurts attempting to either pack or carry stuff out to the trash. Not that I'm going to carry the aluminum trashcans to the curb either to night or in the morning, I will roll the plastic trashcan to the curb, but someone else can set the aluminum cans out for the garbage trucks to pick up.

Since I have only thirty seconds to give a speech to the entire world population and then I die, I suppose the best thing to do would be to tell them about Baha'u'llah. All though, thirty seconds is an extremely short time to tell them everything I know about who Baha'u'llah is and what is mission was. I think the first thing I would say is, "If you have any questions about this subject then, after I die, find the nearest Baha'i and ask her or him to give you more information." Then I would say, "This is my favorite scripture from the writings of Baha'u'llah 'Armed with the power of Thy name nothing can ever hurt me, and with Thy love in my heart all the world’s afflictions can in no wise alarm me.'1 That should just about take care of the thirty seconds before my body collapsed and my soul ascended into the next world.

Footnotes
1  Prayers and Meditations by Baha'u'llah, Pages 207-209; gr3


© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/803274-War-Chest-Tuesday-A-Thirty-Second-Speech