*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804512-Creation-Saturday-Snows-Dream-House
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#804512 added January 25, 2014 at 12:46pm
Restrictions: None
Creation Saturday: Snow's Dream House
It's Creation Saturday! The January 25, 2014 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
You are the architect of your dream house - describe your creation in detail.

My dream house is located in the center of a five acre lot, which is 660 feet by 330 feet or 217,800 square feet (approximately two city blocks). The front, 660 feet, faces east and has a wide stone covered (not cement) driveway leading to the house, while the back (which faces west) has a narrower driveway. Both of these driveways lead to a covered faux wood carport on the north side of the house. The lot is surrounded by a wooden and various fruit bearing trees.

The house, which has a peaked roof, is constructed of stone, with huge faux wood front porch that has a swing on the north side and a small table with two chairs on the south. There is a wooden ramp (no steps on this porch) giving access to the porch and the front door. The backdoor opens onto a smaller porch, with just enough room for a rolling trashcan and recyclable bins; it also has a ramp leading down into the backyard. On t he south side of the house is a covered meditation porch surround by oak trees and rose bushes. The entrance and exit to and from this porch is through the house.

This house contains only four large rooms. At the back is a kitchen, dining, and laundry room combination with backdoor opening onto the back porch. At the front is a office and living room combination with a picture window looking out into the front yard and a faux fireplace (it looks real, but does not burn wood). A foyer leads from the front door to the living room, kitchen, and a hall that leads to the two bedrooms and the meditation porch. One bedroom is on the east side of the house and the other on the west; each has a full bathroom with two doors, so that each bathroom can be entered from either the hall or the its bedroom.

In the back and front yards are arrays of solar panels that have full sunlight, but are concealed from from the streets by the trees at the edge of the lot. On the north and south sides of the house are small patches for vegetable or herb gardens. In addition, the house has an attic, which is accessible by an elevator on the north side of the house. This elevator can be entered from either the carport or the kitchen area. Growing around the house are rose bushes of various colors. Other unique features about this house is that it is self cleaning, has a computer controlled environmental system, and robot landscapers, who maintain the yard, the solar panels, flower bushes, and gardens.

Food for Thought: "Yesterday is but today's memory, and tomorrow is today's dream." - Khalil Gibran

© Copyright 2014 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/804512-Creation-Saturday-Snows-Dream-House