*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905535-Contemplating-March-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#905535 added February 26, 2017 at 6:38pm
Restrictions: None
Contemplating March 2017
Jamál (Beauty), 2 Ayyám-i-Há (The Days of Há), 173 BE - Sunday, February 26, 2017 CE

The last time I went to a Feast at the Baha'i Center on West Oakey, I purchased a Baha'i date book for January 2017 to March 2018. Now I can see the dates of the Nineteen-Day Feast and Holy Days. 'Ala' (Loftiness) begins on the evening of Tuesday, February 28, and ends on the evening of Sunday, March 19. 'Ala' is the month of Fast when Baha'is abstain from food and drink from sunup to sundown. Since I'm on medication I don't fast. Despite the difficulties I had fasting when I didn't take medication, I miss fasting during 'Ala'. I usually give up coffee during the Fast, however this year I considering changing to sweets. This would include chocolate as well as ice cream, cake, pie and candy. I'll decide before March 1 which I will give up.


My mother's birthday is March 19. She would have been 96 years old this year. I want to commemorate her birthday in a special way this year. I think of her every year, but I haven't did anything special on her birthday because it's been difficult and depressing to do something special for it. Mom passed on over three years ago, so I think I'm ready to move on and remember her birthday the way it should be remembered. I problems is deciding how I want to remember it. I don't think I want to visit her grave, but I may change my mind before March 19.

 Celebrating Naw-Ruz  (E)
A poem about the divine springtime
#1983180 by Prosperous Snow celebrating

March 20 us Naw-Ruz and the beginning of a the year 174 BE. I haven't heard where the community will celebrate the New Year, however I suspect it will be at the Baha'i Center. It could be after sunset on March 19, if it is I'll have to find a way to the Center and home again. It's difficult for me to drive at night so I do my best to avoid it. I suffer from glaucoma and the beginnings of cataracts. The glaucoma is under control for the present and I don't think the cataracts are getting worse, but it's still difficult to see to drive after dark. I'll figure out how to get to the center after I hear the plans for celebrating.

My desk is a mess
Which could be causing me stress
For The Fast I could give up the mess


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/905535-Contemplating-March-2017