*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913002-Sunday-June-11-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#913002 added June 16, 2017 at 10:36pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday: June 11, 2017
Jamál (Beauty), 8 Núr (Light) 174 Badi - Sunday, June 11, 2017 CE

"In this Most Great Dispensation Thou dost accept the intercession of children in behalf of their parents. This is one of the special infinite bestowals of this Dispensation. Therefore, O Thou kind Lord, accept the request of this Thy servant at the threshold of Thy singleness and submerge his father in the ocean of Thy grace, because this son hath arisen to render Thee service and is exerting effort at all times in the pathway of Thy love. Verily, Thou art the Giver, the Forgiver and the Kind!"
'Abdu’l-Bahá1

I think I'll write a prayer-poem for Father's Day. I didn't get to say good-bye to Daddy before he died. I don't remember saying good-bye to him before he left our house for the last time before Mom got the divorce. I can understand why Mom divorced Dad. I can understand why Mom's parents didn't want him to see us (at least I don't think they did). I've been using my emotions for Dad in fiction stories about woman getting closure because they didn't say good-bye to their father, but that doesn't seem to help me get closure. Maybe I'm not supposed to get closure on this subject, but, rather, continue using it to inspire short stories and poems. Perhaps writing is a way of getting closure.


Goals for the Week of June 12-16, 2017
Posted to "Weekly Goals.

*Box* Review, at least, 25 items during the week with, at least, 5 of those written by newbies.
*Box* Finish "Comma Sense Classroom Forum Week 6 Assignment and post it before 6/15/17.
*Box* Write and post, at least, 2 items to "Invalid Item. One before 6/16/17.
*Box* Post a minimum of 3 entries to Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges From her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/
*Box* Work on entry for "Quotation Inspiration: Official Contest.
*Box* Unsubscribe to, at least, 3 survey groups.
*Box* Keep better track of my accomplished goals.
*Box* Research the next entry in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose.

I finished my edition of the fantasy newsletter and submitted it. As usual, I'm having second thoughts about what I wrote. Maybe I should have picked another subject; however, at the time I chose it I felt it was a good idea. Perhaps it's just that I always have second thought about what I write. I think my problem and low self-esteem has more to do with events in my childhood then anything else. Perhaps I need to write a couple of letters dealing with some of the garbage I'm still dealing with. The first two letters I need to write are to J.S. about the way he sexually abuses my sister and I. I know my sister doesn't want to admit that it happen, but I can't worry about that because she has to deal with her own shit from that experience.

Motivational Monday
Prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends

“A difficult time can be more readily endured if we retain the conviction that our existence holds a purpose – a cause to pursue, a person to love, a goal to achieve.”
John C. Maxwell (Psycho-Cybernetics)

Footnotes
1  Baha'i Words for June 11, 2017


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913002-Sunday-June-11-2017