*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913509-Kindness-and-Other-Contemplations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#913509 added June 17, 2017 at 6:06pm
Restrictions: None
Kindness and Other Contemplations
Jalál (Glory), 14 ‘Núr (Light) 174 Badi - Saturday, June 17, 2017 CE

"Be always kind to everyone and a refuge for those who are without shelter. Be daughters to those who are older than you. Be sisters to those who are of your own age. Be mothers to those who are younger than yourselves. Be nurses to the sick, treasurers for the poor, and supply heavenly food to the hungry."
'Abdu’l-Bahá1

Kindness should be the watchword of every person of faith. Sometimes it is difficult to show kindness to people who aren't kind to you, but those are exactly the one a persons needs to be extra kind to. You don't have to let them run over or brow beat you, but you should show enough kindness to say a silent prayer for them. There have been times in my life when I didn't show kindness to others, but I can't go back in time to change that. I can, however, change the way I respond to people in the present and the future.


200 Poems by October 22, 2017

According to my calculations, October 22 is only 127 days away. I set the goal today when I was reading posts on Facebook. Someone posted, to one of the groups I belong to, that he or his friend would writ 200 blog entries dedicated to the Blessed Beauty. At the time, I didn't realize how short a time was left, but, even if I had known, I don't think it would have mattered because I still would have set the goal. I don't think a time limit was given; however, I decided I needed to give myself a deadline. I chose October 22, because it is the 200th Anniversary of Baha'u'llah's birth.

In order to accomplish this goal, I have to write approximately one and a half poems a day. I have to face the possibility that I may not be able to write two poems a day. The important thing is to make a faithful attempt at achieving the goal. I already wrote one poem today dedicated to the Blessed Beauty which I posted in "Melting Snow "Creation Saturday: There is Only One Way Out. I will post a copy of each poem in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose when they are finished. I don't know if I have to rewrite the first poem yet because I need to let it lay a couple of days before deciding that.

Light Bulb Moments:
To the Blessed Beauty

A light bulb moment
After prayer, meditation,
And contemplation.


Footnotes
1  Baha'i Words for June 17, 2017


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/913509-Kindness-and-Other-Contemplations