*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914144-Missing-My-Mother--on-Motivational-Monday
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#914144 added June 26, 2017 at 8:49pm
Restrictions: None
Missing My Mother on Motivational Monday.
Kamál (Perfection), 4 Raḥmat (Mercy) 174 Badi - Monday, June 26, 2017 CE

Prayer for the Departed

"O my God, O Forgiver of sins and Dispeller of afflictions! O Thou Who art the Pardoner, the Merciful! I raise my suppliant hands to Thee, tearfully beseeching the court of Thy divine Essence to forgive, through Thy grace and clemency, Thy handmaiden who hath ascended unto the seat of truth. Cause her, O Lord, to be overshadowed by the clouds of Thy bounty and favor, immerse her in the ocean of Thy forgiveness and pardon, and enable her to enter that sanctified abode, Thy heavenly Paradise.
Thou art, verily, the Mighty, the Compassionate, the Generous, the Merciful."

‘Abdu’l-Bahá1

This morning I'm a little sad because I miss Mama. She has been in the Abha Kingdom since November 29, 2012, I know that she is happy because she is with Baha'u'llah and her parents. I still miss her and cry, at least, once a month. I also miss Grandma and Grandpa; however, I have gotten used to missing them and crying because I miss them. I don't think I have gotten used to missing Mama. I don't think I will ever get used to missing Mama and wanting her with me.


I had intended to write something else, but then I got to looking through the Baha'i Words folder in my Cox inbox. I found this prayer and realize I did not say a prayer for the departed this morning. Now that I have said the prayer, I will get on with this entry. I intended to write about my motivation this week, and thinking about motivation always brings Mama to mind because she always encouraged and motivated me.

Goals for the Week of June 26-30
posted in "Weekly Goals

*Box* Complete poem I have started and submit.
*Box* Complete short story I have started and submit.
*Box* Complete two items for "Invalid Item, submit one by Friday and the other by Sunday.
*Box* Review as many items as possible with newbie items as a priority.

I didn't get much writing accomplished today, but I did make several phone calls and took care of some business. I'm feeling less depressed this afternoon. I have more to do tomorrow, but this evening I'm going to write and/or do surveys.

Footnotes
1  Baha'i Words for June 21, 2017


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/914144-Missing-My-Mother--on-Motivational-Monday