*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916055-Motivational-Monday-July-24-2017
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#916055 added July 25, 2017 at 2:06pm
Restrictions: None
Motivational Monday: July 24, 2017
Kamál (Perfection), 13 Kalimát (Words) 174 Badi - Monday, July 24, 2017 CE

"O ye beloved of the Lord! The Kingdom of God is founded upon equity and justice, and also upon mercy, compassion, and kindness to every living soul. Strive ye then with all your heart to treat compassionately all humankind—except for those who have some selfish, private motive, or some disease of the soul. Kindness cannot be shown the tyrant, the deceiver, or the thief, because, far from awakening them to the error of their ways, it maketh them to continue in their perversity as before. No matter how much kindliness ye may expend upon the liar, he will but lie the more, for he believeth you to be deceived, while ye understand him but too well, and only remain silent out of your extreme compassion."
‘Abdu’l-Baha, Selections from the Writings of ‘Abdu’l-Baha1

Equity, justice, mercy, compassion, and kindness is something we can really use today. The problem is that it appears a lot of selfish people are in power, and, 'Abdu'l-Baha says, these attribute don't work with them. I can testify to this because I've dealt with selfish people and they will simply continue to use you no matter how kind you are to them.


Goals for the Week of 23-29, 2017
Posted on "Weekly Goals for 7/24/17-7/28/17

*Box* Finish, at least, five of the unfinished poem in "Bicentenary Poems and Prose.
         As of today, those poems are: 49 to 56, 58, 60, 61, 63 to 74, 77, and 80 to 84.
         Added and 85 to 95.
*Box* Finish entry for "Rhythms & Writing: Official WDC Contest.
*Box* Review a minimum of four items each day with, at least, one written by a newbie.
*Box* Prepare template for Game of Thrones
*Box* Work on going through poems or stories I have in drawers or boxes.

This month I have had to reboot my router three time. Once today and three times on July 15, I'll have to keep an eye on this issue because it may mean I'll have to get a new router. I think that's about $60.00 which could be difficult to get. I'll say some special prayers for this and leave the situation in God's hands.

Footnotes
1  Counsels and Explanations by 'Abdu'l-Baha -- Daily Readings for July 22, 2017


© Copyright 2017 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/916055-Motivational-Monday-July-24-2017