*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935071-Planning-a-New-Poem
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1649240
Gratitude breaks the spell of Writers Block
#935071 added May 22, 2018 at 2:37pm
Restrictions: None
Planning a New Poem
Fiḍál (Grace), 6 ‘Aẓamat (Grandeur) 175 B.E. - Tuesday, May 22, 2018

"The Prophets and Messengers of God have been sent down for the sole purpose of guiding mankind to the straight Path of Truth. The purpose underlying Their revelation hath been to educate all men, that they may, at the hour of death, ascend, in the utmost purity and sanctity and with absolute detachment, to the throne of the Most High."
Baha’u’llah12

Yesterday, 5 ‘Aẓamat, I began a poem titled God's Religion. I have the first stanza, which expresses the basic unity of religion, written. In that stanza I suggested that the reason the Almighty send divine messengers was the reawakening of humanity. I didn't put the education of the human soul so that it can ascend to "the throne of the Most High", which is what happens when the soul is awakened. I'm not going to rewrite the stanza, instead I'll write another stanza, and decide later which stanza to use for the poem's prologue and epilogue.


God's Religion

It is the power
of the spiritual to inspire
through the Essence of Divinity
humanity's reawakening.

It is in the power
of the spiritual to educate
through the messengers from the Almighty
the human soul.

Since the middle seven stanzas are (tentatively) about Baha'u'llah, the Bab, Christ, Muhammad, Abraham, Krishna, and Buddha; I'll have to do a little research before starting them. I'll conduct my research on BahaiTeachings.org3, because there are several articles on that website that discusses, from a Baha'i point of view, each of those messengers. There is one more messenger I have to research, so I may use that messenger instead of The Bab, because the Bab is considered the forerunner of Baha'u'llah. I'll have to pray about which messenger to place in the middle seven stanzas.

***

Obligation to Peace4

Society's duty
is to establish
the conditions of peace.

The individual's duty
is to create the circumstances
for peaceful coexistence.

Their choice of techniques
come from the scriptures,
individual and tribal experiences,
and reason.


Poet's Note:

Footnotes
1  Gleanings from the Writings of Baha’u’llah
2  Quoted on
Daily Verses of God: Excerpts from the sacred Writings of the Baha'i Faith: Tablets of Bahá'u'lláh and the Báb http://dailyversesgod.blogspot.com/ for May 22, 2018.
3  http://bahaiteachings.org/
4  Posted on Poet 999 - A Butterfly Emerges from Her Cocoon https://poet999.blogspot.com/.


© Copyright 2018 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/935071-Planning-a-New-Poem