*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968364
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2202122
Arlynn's Way (continued)
#968364 added October 28, 2019 at 5:40pm
Restrictions: None
Day 24 - Plot: Literay Devises
Oct. 24: - Plot: Literary Devices â–¼
(1) Brainstorm possible solutions to your conflict and complications using the list of literary devices below or your own ideas.



(2) Identify a mentor or helper who aids the protagonist(s) in achieving their goals.
Arlynn's ex boss, Mr. Reid, gives her several contacts when she leaves the company. One of these becomes both a client and a mentor for Arlynn as she ventures into the world of children's book illustration.
Arlynn's friends Emily and Rylie are also good at encouraging her to reach out and take the risks she needs to make things happen for her. Rylie also does freelance work so she has a wealth of knowledge in that area.

(3) Identify any other literary devices from the list you could use to enhance your writing.


Literary Devices List
Foreshadowing: Hints of something to come.
Chekhov's Gun: The gun on the wall in Scene 1 is eventually fired.
Repetitive Designation: An object or fact appears over and over.
Symbolism: Small facts, objects, or characterizations represent something bigger.
Self-fulfilling prophecy: Protagonist attempts to thwart prophecy but in attempting, fulfills it.
Poetic Justice: Good guys are rewarded and bad guys are punished.
Plot Twist: Surprises the reader with something unexpected.
False Protagonist: The protagonist dies or turns out to be something other than the protagonist.
Red Herring: A false trail diverts the reader's attention from what really happened.
Unreliable Narrator: The narrator has been misleading the reader all along.
Irony: The exact opposite of what the reader expects happens.
Reveal: A hidden connection between characters or facts is revealed in time.
Plot Device: Advances the plot forward, often pushing the main character past a hurdle.
Object of Power: Either the protagonist wants it, or the object drives the plot of its own accord.
MacGuffin: Something the protagonist wants for unknown and unimportant reasons.
Quibble: Following the letter of the law, contract, or agreement instead of its intent, changing the outcome.
Narrative Hook: Story opening that grab's the reader's attention.
Cliffhanger: Ending a scene, chapter or story in the middle of action, hooking the reader.
Ticking Clock Scenario: The threat of impending doom if the protagonist's objective is not met.
Breaking the Fourth Wall: A character speaks directly to the reader.
Or anything from this list: http://literary-devices.com/


These I may use.

Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968364