*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968489-Day-31---Plot-Premise-Revision
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #2202122
Arlynn's Way (continued)
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#968489 added October 31, 2019 at 3:06pm
Restrictions: None
Day 31 - Plot: Premise Revision
Oct. 31: - Plot: Premise Revision â–¼
Now that you have spent a month planning your novel, revise your initial premise. Identify the following:
(1) Setting(s). Where does your story take place?

It starts out in the Big City (Toronto) where Arlynn leaves once her world explodes and moves to Cottage Country in the Muskoka region. Those are the two main settings and the contrast also reflects in the lives of several of the characters.

(2) Protagonist(s). Who is(are) your main character(s)?
My main character is Arlynn MacKenzie Douglas.

(2b) Flaw(s). What is(are) the protagonist's major flaw(s)?
She is self conscious and willingly lets a boyfriend control her life because she is afraid to really step out on her own. Her self esteem has been chipped away over time and she is nervous to step beyond her very controlled life. She lets others walk all over her - at home and at work... there is not much play.

(2c) Goal(s). What does(d) the protagonist(s) want (or want to avoid)?
She initially wants to get away from Lance and his infidelity with her friend Sheila who has managed to steal her designs (thanks to Lance) and gotten a promotion. Sheila expects Arlynn will work under her and keep supporting her promotion (since it was not her work that got her there).
After she leaves, she wants to find fulfilling work. Can she be her own boss.
Internally, she needs to feel like she belongs and that she has friends and family who love and support her endeavours. She doesn't have to do it all on her own.

(3) Conflict(s). What's keeping them from their goal(s)?
Internally she does not want to ask for help... but she slowly begins to see that asking is not a weakness and people are willing to help.
Fear also keeps her in a relationship with Lance and in her job far longer than she should have.
Penny tries to reintroduce Lance to get Arlynn to leave so that she can have Ryan.

(4) Antagonist(s). Who or what is creating the conflict(s)?
Lance, Sheila, Penny and her own internal fears.

(5) Resolution. How does it all turn out in the end?
Arlynn finds a career that is fulfilling - one where she is her own boss. She finds a love that is deep as well as supportive and respectful. She finds a group of friends (and family) that love her giving her a sense of belonging.

(6) Theme: What is the theme or moral of the story?
Getting your life together. Take you control back. Love is expansive, not controlling.

(7) Outline: Update your outline as needed.
Save the Cat! 15 beats
ACT 1
Opening Image
Theme Stated
Setup
Catalyst
Debate
ACT 2
Break into 2
B Story
Fun And Games
Midpoint
Bad Guys Close In
All Is Lost
Dark Night Of The Soul
ACT 3
Break Into 3
Finale
-Gathering the team
-Executing the plan
-The high tower surprise
-Dig deep down
-the execution of the new plan
Final Image


Officially approved Writing.Com Preferred Author logo.

My owl signature from Gemini Gem.
© Copyright 2019 💙 Carly (UN: carly1967 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
💙 Carly has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/968489-Day-31---Plot-Premise-Revision