Contests With A Christian Theme
. . .religious poetry is not a special genre, because religion is not a special part of life; Christian life is the whole of life transformed, and Christian poetry is not poetry about Christ. . .but an attitude of mind which sees the whole world. . . transformed in Christ.--Vincent Buckley
WING YOUR WORDS WITH FIRE
MAKE TOUCHING ETERNITY YOUR DESIRE
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
PLEASE BE SURE TO FOLLOW THE PROMPT.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. Rating must be "E" for everyone; or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems will be @ 11:59 EST on the last day of the month.
7. There must be three entries for a first place to be awarded. A minimum of five entries for a first, second and third place to be awarded. A fourth place will be awarded with twelve or more entries. A tie will be considered.
8. Your poem MUST be in bitem form. Also, book entries are accepted. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
9. Please include the line count and form used.
In the five books St. John wrote, he tells why he is writing them. Peter reminds me of myself, with all of his falling short. I picture James putting on a t-shirt and preaching in a downtown mall. Do you have a favorite Bible character? Pick one for October and write a poem about him/her. I'll leave the rest up to the author.
FIRST PLACE - 10,000 GP's and an Awardicon for your poem.
SECOND PLACE - 5,000 GP's and an Awardicon for your poem.
THIRD PLACE - An Awardicon for your poem.
FOURTH PLACE - An Awardicon for your poem (If there are 12 or more entries).
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
There are two ways to earn a Merit Badge. I like to give one with a donation of 30,000 GP's. The second way is to enter FOUR monthly contests in a row. Please remind me with your fourth entry, so I don't leave anyone out.
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.