Contests With A Christian Theme
I want to thank my dear friend for this beautiful Lighthouse Globe that shines brightly upon this contest.
May it light your path even in your darkest days. May God bless you always.
Welcome to Lighthouse Poetry Contest
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
RULES FOR BOTH LONG AND SHORT POETRY.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. The rating must be "E" for everyone, or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems will be @ 11:59 EST on the last day of the month.
7. There must be three entries for a first place to be awarded. A minimum of five entries for a first, second and third place to be awarded. A fourth place will be awarded if there are twelve or more entries.
8. Your poem MUST be in b-item or item form. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
9. Please add word count, or line count, the verse used, and the prompt to the bottom of your page.
10. I will review, judge, award and make winner announcement's by the 7th of each month, sooner if possible. Please no edits until after the Winner's have been announced or you will disqualify yourself. I don't want that to happen, because we are all very gifted writer's.
Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
🙏 DECEMBER PROMPT 🙏
I know I'm only giving you 21 days, but I know as gifted writer's ya'll can pull it off. Here is the prompt.
"Psalm 23" your interpretation which speaks to you. How does this apply to you?
Please no more than 20 lines and make sure your read all the RULES, I don't want you to disqualify yourself. Add the prompt and line count to the bottom of your piece.
JUDGES: GUEST JUDGES ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.
Each entry will receive 1,000 GP's
FIRST PLACE - 10,000 GP's, an Awardicon for your poem and will be featured the following month.
SECOND PLACE - 5,000 GP's and an Awardicon for your poem.
THIRD PLACE - An Awardicon for your poem.
HONORABLE MENTION - An Awardicon for your poem (If there are 12 or more entries).
Featured Author Eric Wharton
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
There are two ways to earn a Merit Badge. I like to give one with a donation of 30,000 GP's. The second way is to enter FOUR monthly contests in a row. Please remind me with your fourth entry, so I don't leave anyone out.
A very big thank you goes out to Sharmelle from
For the beautiful Angels that grace this forum.
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.