Contests With A Christian Theme
Brought to you by
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. Psalm 119:105
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
I want to thank my dear friend for this beautiful Lighthouse Globe that shines brightly upon this contest.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. The rating must be "E" for everyone, or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but NOT previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. The deadline for poems will be @ 11:59 EST on the last day of the month.
7. There must be three entries for the first place to be awarded. A minimum of five entries for a first, second and third place to be awarded. A fourth-place will be awarded if there are twelve or more entries. Any Honorable Mention will be determined by the judge or judges.
8. Your poem MUST be in b-item or item form. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
9.Please add word count, line count, the verse used, and the prompt to the BOTTOM of your page.
10. I will review, judge, award and make winner announcement's by the 7th of each month, sooner if possible. Please NO edits until after the Winner's have been announced or you will disqualify yourself. I don't want that to happen, because we are all very gifted writers.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9
The book of Luke
I know it's fewer days than normal, but I know that you all can pull this off. Looking forward to some really AWESOME pieces. Come on show of your skills.
Journey through the book of Luke and meet our Lord Jesus, His birth and the start of His ministry. Be amazed at His authority over disease and death and hear His call to surrender, repent and be forgiven of our sin, following Him into a renewed relationship with God our Father. I don't know about you but devotional apps help me stay on track. I came across this one it is by Mike Raiter "Daily Insights from God's Word" it's called "Journey through Luke." I believe that the book of Luke will give you as well as me an insight into the birth of Christ and His journey. After studying it how does it affect you in today's society? Please, no more than 20 lines and please read all the rules. You may pick a verse from the book of Luke to use, pertaining to His birth. I will run this as the "Author of the Month" in December and want to HONOR HIM for His birthday! Highlight just the verse in the piece, not the prompt.
Please BOLD and COLOR IT so it stands out for my eyes, the rest in BLACK... LOL, It is much easier for me. Thank you
Please NO more than 20 lines and make sure you read all the RULES, SORRY to repeat but sometimes you just have to. I just don't want you to disqualify yourself. Please, add the prompt and line count to the BOTTOM of your piece.
Have you ever thought about being a guest judge? Come join me in some really inspiring poetry. It will enrich your soul.
Each entry will receive 1,000 GP's
10,000 GP's, an Awardicon for your poem and will be featured the following month.
5,000 GP's and an Awardicon for your poem.
An Awardicon for your poem.
An Awardicon for your poem. (If there are 12 or more entries).
An Honorable Mention will be determined by judge or judges.
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
There are two ways to earn a Merit Badge.
A donation of 30,000 GP's you will receive the beautiful MB "Lighthouse Poetry."
For a donation of 50,000 GP's you will receive the beautiful MB "Celebrating Life."
For a donation of 75,000 plus, you will receive BOTH MB's
The second way is to enter FOUR monthly contests in a row. You will receive "The Lighthouse Poetry" MB. Please remind me when you enter your fourth entry, so I don't leave anyone out.
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.