Contests With A Christian Theme
Don't look for the undertaker - look for the uppertaker.
WING YOUR WORDS WITH FIRE
MAKE TOUCHING ETERNITY YOUR DESIRE
A SPECIAL DEBT OF GRATITUDE TO SISCO & SISCO's GOOD DEED GROUP FOR THE AWARDICON THAT GRACES THIS PAGE.THANK YOU.
RULES FOR BOTH LONG AND SHORT POETRY.
1. Your writing must be poetry.
2. Only one entry per round.
3. The rating must be "E" for everyone, or your poem will be disqualified.
4. Poems may be previously written, but not previously awarded.
5. Your entry should be submitted, ready to be judged.
6. Deadline for poems will be @ 11:59 EST on the last day of the month.
7. There must be three entries for a first place to be awarded. A minimum of five entries for a first, second and third place to be awarded. A fourth place will be awarded if there are twelve or more entries.
8. Your poem MUST be in b-item or item form. If you are unsure how to do this, please consult WritingML Help
JUDGES: GUEST JUDGES ARE ALWAYS WELCOME.
Write a short poem (3 - 12 lines) using "anything" or "any character" you choose from the Scriptures. Personification and giving voice to silent characters is welcomed. The specific prompt is up to the author.
Each entry will receive 1,000 GP's
FIRST PLACE - 10,000 GP's and an Awardicon for your poem.
SECOND PLACE - 5,000 GP's and an Awardicon for your poem.
THIRD PLACE - An Awardicon for your poem.
HONORABLE MENTION - An Awardicon for your poem (If there are 12 or more entries).
Please send donations to The Lighthouse Bank ID: 1723081
There are two ways to earn a Merit Badge. I like to give one with a donation of 30,000 GP's. The second way is to enter FOUR monthly contests in a row. Please remind me with your fourth entry, so I don't leave anyone out.
The Lighthouse Poetry Contest Donation List Is Kept On The Lighthouse Bank Page.