NATURE-themed quarterly contest.
"Verdant Poetry Group"
Founded by ✴Gervic__✍
Managed by Choconut and assisted by ~Lifelessons~ , Whata EdiTOREing-Deadline , and ~Minja~
"To me a lush carpet of pine needles
or spongy grass is more welcome
than the most luxurios Persian rug."
- Helen Keller
Though inspiration as a poet truly comes from within, nature can act as a means to enhance imagination and devices used in our poetry. I believe that nature possesses a unique and grandest beauty that only poets can perfectly describe. And I want you dear poets to bring forth your NATURE POETRY to prove this.
Verdant Poetry Contest is especially created to bring out the best nature poetry you guys could possibly create. And of course, delightful prizes await.
I read and understood the rules, bring me right to the message forum.
Please read carefully the following Contest Rules prior to submitting your entry:
FORM: Check below for the form of the month.
GENRE: Nature only or pieces which nature is the main genre.
EDITS: You may edit your entry up until the due date. Please no editing after this, or your poem will be disqualified.
RATING: Entry must not exceed 18+ rating. Anything that does will be deleted from the forum.
LIMIT: Only one entry per person per month.
LINKING: All entries must be submitted in Big Item Format (bitem format). If you need help with bitem linking, please see WritingML Help for b-item or "Newbie Hyperlinking 101 - Bitem Format"
PROMPT: This contest can be a prompt-based or prompt-free. The host will announce it through forum post.
REVIEW: The panel are not oblige to give all entries a review. However, reviewing is strongly encouraged and is given attention if time permits.
RIGHTS: We reserve the right to hold prizes if there are not enough entries. All qualifying entries for the current round will be carried over to next. One winner will be awarded if there are only 3-5 entries, two winners for 6-9 entries, and three winners plus honorable mentions if more than 10 entries.
Entries non-compliant to the aforementioned rules are considered non-qualifying.
Judges' decision is always final and irrevocable.
50K LIGHT GREEN Ribbon
25K LIGHT GREEN Ribbon
10K LIGHT GREEN Ribbon
5K Gift Points
This is a QUARTERLY contest occurring each season. Rounds will be held in June, September, December, March, and June. Each round starts on the 1st of the month at 0:01am WDC Time, and closes at the end of the month at midnight WDC Time. Look for the Start and Closed posted messages.
ROUND 20 ~ SPRING
PROMPT DESCRIPTION (You don't have to use all the words or include them in the poem):
BLOSSOMS, EGGS, BUTTERFLY, NEWBORN, CHICK, EASTER, AWAKENING, DAFFODILS
Pen a poem.
Be it your experiences, observations, or thoughts.
Images are provided for inspiration.
REQUIRED POETRY FORM
Lady's Slipper Explanation
Must follow the form exactly.
Click here ▼
SPRING ENTRIES ~ ROUND 20
1. "Spring Lady Slippers" by Dominique
2. "Welcome Spring!" by 🌜 Huntersmoon
3. "Buds Peeping-Lambs Bleating" by Alexi 2019
4. "Hunger" by Robert Edward Baker
5. "Splendid Spring" by LynnPenCakes
6. "Blooms Among The Tombs" by IceSkating SugarCube
7. "Spring at Last!" by Hannah ♫♥♫
8. "Say What? " by Paul D
9. "Spring Blessings" by turtlemoon-dohi
10. "The Dawn of Spring" by celticsea
11. "Revenge" by DancingPen
12. "Oops..." by 🎼 RRodgersWrites 🎶
13. "Revival" by Solace.Bring
14. "leaves of the trees" by Lisa Noe~Kittylove
15. "Always a Spring Puppy to Me" by ♥HOOves♥
16. "Metamorphosis" by Mari McKee
17. "Spring brings Daffodil Blossoms" by Jeannie
18. "Spring Skies" by Azrael Tseng
19. "Early spring morning" by Rima~New Job
20. "Daffodils" by J.L. O'Dell
21. "A Field of Blue" by Lostwordsmith❆
22. "Oregon" by Mastiff
23. "Lady Slippers" by Carly - Happy Spring!
24. "Empty Nest" by Elle - away camping
25. "Spring Arrives" by eyestar~Go Power Raiders.
26. "Her Royal Majesty" by Dave
27. "The Windy Tale" by L.A. Grawitch
28. "The Raucous Song of Spring" by Emily
29. "Spring Delight" by PWheeler ~ love, joy and peace
30. " the first day of spring" by Samberine Everose
31. "Moods of Spring" by innerlight is moving on
32. "Spring will Awaken" by Sharmelle Expressions
33. "Awaken, Earth" by AprilShower Fungi From Yuggoth
34. "The Gift of Spring" by Cubby
35. "Spring Fever" by Pesky Amanda is away for now.
36. "Spring" by Lilli ☕
37. "Spring Calling" by Sally
38. "I Dislike Daffodils" by Jayne
Rotating Guests Judges:
~ Aqua ~
K.J. Miller~Camp NaNo Winner!
If you want to become a guest judge, please email Choconut .
Expression/Presentation (covers the form, rhythm
Impact to readers
Relevance to the topic (applies if round provides
prompt to follow)
These areas will be rated from 1-10.
JOINT FIRST PLACE
"Revenge" by DancingPen
"I Dislike Daffodils" by Jayne
This contest is back and in great need of your help with gift point donations to give away prizes. Any amount is welcomed and appreciated.
Please send your gift points donation to [#1999999] "Verdant Poetry Group" or include it on your forum post.
All donations 20K and above will get a raffle ticket worth 1,000 GPs to any active raffle fundraiser.
Donations reaching 50K get you a Nature MB.
Donations more than 200K will get the commissioned Verdant MB. Thank you!
A special thanks to Angels in my Ear for this Verdant Ribbon gracing the page.
A huge thank you to the following who donated to this contest:
: Ticket Purchased
: Nature MB Sent
: Verdant MB Sent
[Please link Verdant Poetry Contest by copying and pasting the image link]