Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1422132
Rated: ASR · Message Forum · Contest · #1185376
A Contest: write the back cover description for your book -- WINNERS
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Dec 24, 2006 at 10:11am
blurb for my book "A Pyrrhic Victory"
Here is the blurb I wrote for my novel-in-progress, "A Pyrrhic Victory":

When the arid country of Northfire is invaded by marauding foreign forces, jealous of the thriving metal industry that is enabled by its profusion of dynamic volcanoes the Folkaners, its proud people, immediately revolt.

Chieftain's daughter Skullah, of rusty hair and stubborn disposition, is jolted into awareness of her latent patriotic feelings and her loyalty to and love for her country and, as a result, her previously aimless, hedonistic lifestyle is suddenly endowed with purpose and meaning.

Youth being no barrier in this culture, she enlists as an army general, but initial enthusiasm and idealism soon give way at her realization of the utter barbarity and desolation of war. Yet her natural tenacity - her indomitable warrior's spirit - is ultimately what sees her through, although Skullah could never have foreseen the extent to which a mere teenager might come to be involved in the war; how important one seemingly small, insignificant person can be.

Sometimes, in the heat of battle, an immense sacrifice is called for in order to win, however costly, however terrible that sacrifice may be...

The word count of the above is 179. I am entering for the NOVEL part of this contest. Here is the bitem link that will take you to the actual (as yet unfinished) item in my Port:
 A Pyrrhic Victory  (18+)
Sometimes in order to win the war a personal sacrifice is needed...
#937507 by inbuninbu-- in Japan!!

Best of luck to all participants!

- inbuninbu
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
blurb for my book "A Pyrrhic Victory" · 12-24-06 10:11am
by inbuninbu-- in Japan!!

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, Voxxylady.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1422132