*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Cancer
  2. Chapter One
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1218333-Pay-It-Forward/cid/382744-Cancer
Rated: ASR · Interactive · Other · #1218333
An interactive writing promt exercise. Choose a prompt, then create prompts for others.
This choice: Repent  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

Cancer

    by: Unknown
Quietly walking down the sidewalk in a large city, I can hear a street preacher shouting from the curb up ahead. I try to pass by quickly, I'm not in the mood, but as I do he reaches out to grab me by the arm and says,
"You only have 30 days to live, my daughter. Repent!" I cringed, shook him off and ran down the street. I finally reached a corner and sharply collapsed into it. I broke down in tears, flooding, was it that obvious, did I really look that ill? Cancer, freaking thing! I can feel my lungs seize up and n't help but cry more. A sudden car stopping makes me look up.
"Jade?" He looked down on me and then bent on his knees to my level.
"Lee? What are you doing here?" I ask pulling my hat right over my head.
"Helping so it seems."
"I'm fine, just a stupid street preacher."
"Ah." Lee shook his head.
"Why can't they just leave us alone?"
"They're only spreading the word of God."
"Don't you start." I laugh as I get up and walk beside Lee.
"So how've you been?"
"Need a cigarette."
"I don't think you should be doing that."
"Why not? According to the word of God I'm not going to be here in thirty days." I smirk flirtatiously. I'm nineteen, I shouldn't be here. I should be out having fun but no, God's word be bloody spread!

After Lee walked me back to my house. I became very dizzy and mum and dad helped me up to bed.
"Thank you." I grin as my mum listens to all that happened today.
"It's okay dear."
"Mum, I think I'm going to go to France when all this is over."
"Really?" Mum smiles trying to hold back a frantic amount of tears.
"I'm going to get some rest for now." I whisper as I take off my hat to reveal a head without hair, like a foot without toes, a deformity, I loved my hair.

When I awoke Andrew was at my bed side.
"Hi hunny." I blush as I pull my hat over my head, the wool itches.
"I've seen it all already." He mutters removing the hat again.
"Still embarrassed."
"Don't care." He laughs kissing my forehead.
"You're dumb."
"You're short."
"You have to listen to me I'm ill."
"You have to listen to me I'm your big brother."
"Fine." I strop carefully wondering if people could all be like him. Beautifully blatent.
"Good night."
"I just woke up." I smile."
"I know but I have to go take Aneli for a walk in the park so I want you to be asleep when I go." Aneli was my brothers daughter, his ex wife's daughter.
"Okay."

The final days were the worst. Pain ran all through my body. I was sure Lee came to see me once but then again I was sure of alot of things, like I wouldn't die of cancer...Sad really...

New Prompts:


+ "Jackie how could you?" Michael whispered at his wife's grave. "I love you."

+ I ran and jumped off the cliff, my arms lifted up into the air like The Elemental Guardian had told me and I flew through the sky.

+ A little girl sits alone on the playground dreaming of...

You have the following choices:

1. Jackie and Michael

*Noteb*
2. Elemental Guardians

3. Dreams

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024. All rights reserved.
Shannon has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1218333-Pay-It-Forward/cid/382744-Cancer