*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. More than one mystery.
  2. Mat.
  3. Magic or science!?
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1878383-More-than-one-mystery
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1938545
One of your relatives is a mad scientist and will change your life.
This choice: Talk to you.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

More than one mystery.

    by: Scifiwizard Retired
"Hey, sis." Startling you, Matt said. "What'cha got there?"

"Oh, just some old books." Trying to be light, you replied. "Nothing you would be interested in."

"Hey!" Pouting, Matt complained. "I do read! I just read what interests me."

He looked the chaotic science book and turned slightly pale. Something you noticed. "What's wrong?"

Matt chuckled nervously, grabbing the book. "This is my book." Sweating a little, he said. "I must have left it here by mistake."

"Your book?" Surprised, you asked. "You are the mad scientist?"

Matt froze, realizing that he had revealed too much. "Just forget you saw it." Wincing, he said.

He turned to flee the room only you caught his arm. "Hold on now!" Sternly, you said. "You are way too young to be playing with such things on your own." You paused, seeing a girlish bracelet on his hand. "Also, what is with the jewelry?"

Matt blushed brightly. "Are we going to talk about our secret books or our fashion sense?" Annoyed, he asked. "Stay on one subject."

"Don't tell me you have a girlfriend!" Surprised, you blurted out. "I thought you hated girls."

"I don't 'hate' them." Pulling free from you, Matt argued. "They just creep me out. Only this girl..." He stopped talking then turned red. "All of the boys in this family are mad scientists, okay! I wasn't allowed to tell you unless you showed a power of your own!"

"You mean like this?" Summoning a flame, you asked.

Matt nodded. "Yeah. Well, now you know so I'm out of here!"

A dull flash later, Matt was gone, leaving you with more than just one mystery. The issue was you could only pursue one mystery at a time.

You have the following choices:

1. You talk to dad.

*Noteb*
2. You look for Matt.

*Noteb*
3. You decide not worry about it.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Scifiwizard Retired (UN: scilock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scifiwizard Retired has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1938545-The-Mad-Scientist/cid/1878383-More-than-one-mystery