*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. An average citizen of the cluster.
  2. Choose your story.
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1951708-Strange-New-World-of-Transformation/cid/1659527-An-average-citizen-of-the-cluster
Rated: GC · Interactive · Sci-fi · #1951708
A scifi adventure of weird sex and bizarre transformations in the far future.
This choice: An average citizen of the cluster.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #2

An average citizen of the cluster.

    by: lord thanatos
Which of the following best describes you?

1. A typical Velusian teenager. Your still in school and live with one or more of your parents and possibly other family members. Like virtually everyone in the cluster, your intelligent and attractive. Being a teenager, your also pretty much obsessed with sex. A quick note on cluster education. In the cluster, education is a very big deal, and there's a lot more to learn here in the future than there is in real world modern schools. Due to this fact, along with the near limitless life spans of most cluster citizens, people in the cluster attend school longer than modern students, attending each of the following schools each for four years: Elementary or grade school starting at the age of 4 and running through age 8, middle school from age 8-12, junior high is also four years, from age 12-16, and finally high school, which lasts from age 16-20. Any one of age sixteen or older can also opt to join the work force, part time at least, as well as drink alcohol, smoke, and with permission of their parent or guardian if below age eighteen, buy or rent their own private living space. Any one over the age of eighteen can also receive any change they want without having to get parental permission first, nor being subject to follow there parents wishes in regards to such modifications. Things that are not allowed for anyone under the age of twenty one include the signing of any sort of contract, other than an employment contract without parental consent, having a child, getting married, or joining the armed forces.

2. A young adult, collage age or slightly older. You live in an apartment or dorm room that you might share with one or more room mates of either gender.(While most are divided by gender, some dorms, and even individual dorm rooms are coed.) Your still trying to find your place in life and are always looking to try new experiences. After their basic schooling is complete, most cluster citizens will attend one of many collages or university's scattered across the cluster to receive additional training in their chosen profession or field of study with each new degree requiring four additional years to acquire. Example:associates degree 4 years, bachelors degree 8 years, masters degree 12 years, ect.

3. A (relatively) responsible adult citizen of the cluster. Your nearly sixty, not that it shows since you still look and feel as though you were in your twenties. You've got a decent paying job, a house, and maybe a family and kids. Maybe grand kids as well. Your fairly set in your ways, and more or less content with the way your life is going, but there's just something missing. What could it be? It should be noted that it's not uncommon for cluster citizens to marry multiple spouses of either gender if they so choose, or to choose to have a marriage automatically end after a set amount of time, usually with a prenuptial agreement being signed by both parties so as to avoid any sot of messy divorce proceedings. Another interesting side effect of the abundance of gender changing technology in the cluster, and the more or less permanent youth and vitality of it's inhabitants, means that it's not uncommon for married couples to swap genders with each other every so often so as to share equally in the joys and pains of child birth, nor for such couples to sometimes have multiple sets of children throughout there lives, sometimes decades, or even centuries apart from one another.

4. Your old, really old in fact, well over three hundred. You were one of the original colonists, and have pretty much seen and done everything there is to do more times than you care to think about. You aren't ready to die just yet however, but you are tired of doing the same things over and over again. It's time you started over, in a new body and a new life, wiping clean most of your old memories so that you can make new ones. Most, though not all individuals who manage to reach this age feel like they've done pretty much everything there is to do, and seen everything there is to see. Having grown bored with life, many opt to have some, or all of their memory erased, and start their lives over, sometimes in an entirely new body. Some even go so far as to have themselves regressed to childhood, or even all the way back to infancy, and put up for adoption by any family that wishes to take them in.

5. Check out a few more options then decide.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 lord thanatos (UN: rasyt at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
lord thanatos has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1951708-Strange-New-World-of-Transformation/cid/1659527-An-average-citizen-of-the-cluster