*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1976391-Peace-Offering
Rated: 18+ · Other · Contest Entry · #1976391
A turkey dinner ends tragically. 200 word contest
The table was perfect. Dishes were steaming and the turkey glowed with deliciousness. Her guests were welcomed in to her warm house, a sharp contrast to the winter storm raging outside.

Sara smiled with pride as she saw everyone dig in.

“Aren’t you going to eat?” asked her neighbor. They hadn’t spoken in months, not since their fight.

“I’m too nervous to eat,” Sara said. “This is the first time I’ve cooked a turkey. I just want to watch everyone enjoy.”

She sipped her wine while she watched everyone eat. The clatter of dishes, laughter, and chatter filled her small house. The doorbell rang. It was her former best friend with her new husband. Sara invited them in and offered them a heaping plate. Their seats right next to hers, a peace offering.

“Thank you for inviting us. I know it must be hard for you, having us here,” she whispered.

“Forget about it. Eat up, I cooked this turkey just for you. I know it’s your favorite.”

Slowly the clatter stopped, the chatter ended, the laughter became gasps. Sara frowned, she must have messed up the turkey. She called 911. "I think my friends have food poisoning, please help."

© Copyright 2014 Roxy Emilia Means (lducko at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1976391-Peace-Offering