*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2105064-Con-Artist
Rated: E · Short Story · Detective · #2105064
A writer's cramp entry 12/9/16.
 Con Artist  (E)
A writer's cramp entry 12/9/16.
#2105064 by Chris Breva


"Don't hesitate to app or mail me. I am closer than you expect me to be," replied the man on the other end of her chat.

She had been leading him on for months as part of an online love con. She knew no more about him than he did about her, but something told her that if she stuck with him long enough she could milk him for a lot of money. At first he had been very skeptical but she had managed to break down some of his defenses. It had taken several months but now she had him wrapped around her little finger. It was time to get down to business.

"I want to hold you," he told her. "When can you come to me?"

"I can come just as soon as I have my passport and airplane ticket," she replied. "I just have to come up the funds to get them. It's almost impossible for me to do so however. It would take more than I earn in two years. The only way I could do it is if you help me out. I know you will because you love me."

"Yes,", he responded. "I'll do anything for you. Just keep me informed as I make the arrangements. Remember now, don't hesitate to app or mail me. I'm closer than you expect me to be."

The chat continued between them for some time. Later that day there was a knock at her door. When she answered it she was surprised to find him standing there.

"Tom," she said. "I'm surprised to see you. If you're here you know I'm not who I told you I was. I can explain."

"I hope you can for your own sake," Tom answered. "You can explain it to the judge. By the way, I'm not who I said I was either. I'm Special Agent Frank Witters, Federal Bureau of Investigation Fraud Task Force. You're under arrest!"
© Copyright 2016 Chris Breva (marvinschrebe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2105064-Con-Artist