*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180313-The-Dance
Rated: E · Other · Emotional · #2180313
Writing Prompt #4 Who is dancing
4. Dancing: Who’s dancing and why are they tapping those toes?

Sitting in my seat drinking a honey mojito. I cast my eyes over the dance floor. Closing my eyes for a moment and letting the music wash over me. He returns, holds his hand out to me and pulls me into his arms as we swing to a slow tune. He turns me around one slow turn and then one hand wraps around my waist and the other holds my hand. I snake my arm around his neck and look into his eyes.

“One hell of an Amen” sings out of the speakers and shivers just run across my skin. Our hold tightens on each other as we feel the same. As the music changes from one slow to an upbeat. We look into each other’s eyes and we smile and start dancing. The night was still young and there we were. Staying within arm’s reach always have our eyes on one another.

In the corner was a young couple looking out across the dance floor. A little shy to go on the dance floor together, tapping their shoes to the music and just watching the crowd move around. I remember the first time he and I showed up together. I was hesitant and he pulled me on the dance floor every time. We all move around and sometimes end up on the opposite end on the dance floor then we started. It can be a bit unnerving to see the crowd and don’t see a spot for yourself. Sometimes you just got to get on the dance floor and a space will open for you, or you make room for yourself. And then you start dancing.
© Copyright 2019 P.Reagan Eisley (preagan.eisley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/2180313-The-Dance