*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
6
7
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039323-Reformation
by Sumojo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #2186156
The simplicity of my day to day.
#1039323 added October 20, 2022 at 9:46am
Restrictions: None
Reformation
Prompt six: It is important to start socializing the idea of reforms now—sometimes they are upon us quicker than we think."
Journalistic Intentions  (18+)
This is for the journal keeping types that come to PLAY! New round starts February 1!
#2213121 by Elisa the Bunny Stik


“Reforms Are like Going to the Dentist: The Longer You Wait, the Harder It Will Be. But You’ll Have to Go After All”

Reform is defined as: To correct someone or something or cause someone or something to be better.
Some historians labeled the period 1830 to 1850 as “the age of reform.” Women, in particular, played a huge role in these changes.
The key movements at that time were, womens sufferage, limiting child labour, abolition, temperance and prison reform.
The reform in Australia which had everyone talking, or at least having an opinion on, was the gun reform.
Background: After a 1996 firearm massacre in Tasmania in which 35 people died, Australian governments united to remove semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns and rifles from civilian possession, as a key component of gun law reforms.
In the 18 years before the gun law reforms, there were 13 mass shootings in Australia, and none in the following ten years. There were declines in firearm deaths, particularly suicides and total homicide rates followed the same pattern. This proved that by removing large numbers of rapid-firing firearms from civilians was an effective way of reducing mass shootings, firearm homicides and prison reform.

The reform which will impact me at my time of life and one which has been many years in coming is Aged care reforms and reviews
Reforms to the aged care system in Australia are intended to improve the quality of care. They are also making it easier for older people to access government-funded aged care services and support.
Key Points.
New aged care legislation has been introduced to federal parliament.
Aged care providers are expected to seek deferrals to mandatory on-site nurses.
New report says technology is the answer to delivering better care by freeing up staff.

What I fail to understand is how the current problems the aged care sector is experiencing has gone on ignored for so long. Why does it take years of suffering, not enough staff in nursing homes, bad food, incompetence and political blindness before something pushes governments of all persuasions to act?

© Copyright 2022 Sumojo (UN: sumojo at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Sumojo has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/1039323-Reformation