*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1325507
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Message Forum · Fantasy · #1018261
The science fiction rollplay for members of Flight of Fancy.
<< Previous  •  Message List  •  Next >>
Reply  •  Post New
Jul 11, 2006 at 3:38pm
Edited: July 11, 2006 at 3:43pm
Trine crossed her arms and shuddered. Chrysth had changed course, exactly as Saffire had said he would if Trine didn't change it first. But that wasn't why she shuddered nor was the gray planet the reason for her sudden chill. Seeing Chrysth that way had unnerved her.

"Same here," Zalla said as she moved to stand beside Trine.

"What?"

"Seeing Chrysth half dressed unnerved me too," Zalla smirked and then giggled. "In a good way."

Trine blushed momentarily, realizing she had spoken aloud. That rarely happened. "When will we land, do you think?"

Zalla shrugged. "I don't know."

"I do," Saffire emerged from a darkened corner and glared at Zalla until she colored and backed up a step. "Too soon."

"Saffire-"

"He is purposely placing all of us in danger. I knew we shouldn't have trusted him. We would have been better off forcing our way onto one of the other ships." Saffire growled.

"The grounded ships, brother?" Sebille asked as she came up behind him. "I must admit that I don't like this situation either but our alternatives weren't great."

"I need to talk to Blesser Trine alone," Saffire said, his eyes afire.

"You don't have time for that," Chrysth stated as he returned to Deck 2. "We are landing in five minutes. I need you at my side, Trine. And you, Zalla." he added, almost as an afterthought. Trine's eyes narrowed.

"I don't think I'm fully prepared for this planet," Zalla was pressed against the wall, as far from Chrysth as she could place herself without physically leaving the ship. His gaze fell upon her and he lifted an eyebrow. "I mean, well..."

"Do you honestly believe we could ever prepare for what is ahead? Thanks to Blesser Trine and her Summoner friends we are in way over our heads." Chrysth smiled coldly. "No offense, Blesser."

"I cannot allow this to continue," Saffire said with all the authority of a Blesser. "We should not land here."

"We should not have jumped planet either and yet here we are, Summoner," Chrysth snapped, content to remind Saffire that he wasn't a Blesser as he looked at his CommBracelet. "Three minutes."

"I will talk to Saffire alone for a minute and meet you all above deck," Trine said as fire flashed in her eyes, daring any to oppose her.

"Don't make me come looking for you, Blesser," Chrysth snapped before alighting to the control deck, followed by Zalla and Sebille, leaving Saffire and Trine alone below and not liking it one bit.

:: ::

"Isn't it possible that you are allowing yourself to be placed where you would never have placed yourself?"

"Of course it is, Saffire, but that doesn't change the fact that these are our allies and, like it or not, we owe Chrysth a great deal." Trine avoided looking at Saffire, content to stare past him into the murky shadows in which he had hidden moments before.

"Trine...Trine, I can't stand to see you beneath the feet of others," Saffire frowned when she refused to meet his gaze.

"That isn't what you wanted to say," a hollow voice said softly. "Why don't you say what you want to? I mean, we're all going to die, in all likelihood. The rules don't apply to us anymore." Mystic tilted her head as she straightened from the wall.

"How long have you been there?" Trine asked angrily.

"One can be invisible if one wishes. I've proven that often enough." she replied as she looked at Saffire. "So? Are you still a member of N.P. following protocol or are you a fugitive running from the Protector, willing to make his own rules?"

Trine shook her head and opened her mouth to protest but was unable to as Saffire pulled her to him and kissed her soundly. Breaking contact momentarily, Saffire smiled down at a speechless Trine. "I have always loved you, Blesser Trine Anderson." he whispered and kissed her again.

Neither felt the contact of landing nor saw as Mystic smiled and left Deck 2 at last, preparing to face an enemy she had seen only in her nightmares.
MESSAGE THREAD
*Star*
Landing · 07-11-06 3:38pm
by DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~

The following section applies to this forum item as a whole, not this individual post.
Any feedback sent through it will go to the forum's owner, DragonWrites~The Fire Faerie~.
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/forums/message_id/1325507