*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Wings of Fortune
  2. More Options
  3. More choices!
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202398-Supernatural-Beauty/cid/2782953-Wings-of-Fortune
Rated: GC · Interactive · Supernatural · #2202398
A group of friends battle the supernatural and look good while doing it...
This choice: Wings of Fortune  •  Go Back...
Chapter #5

Wings of Fortune

    by: HikerAngel
Sitting in the warm sand, Sam swallowed hard as Candace slipped off her sarong and pranced toward the water in her skimpy bikini, her vibrant waves of ginger hair shimmering under the late afternoon sun. As his eyes traced the sexy lines of her nubile figure, he was suddenly very glad he had joined Candace and her close friends for this party at the quarry pond. He didn’t normally attend these sorts of things, but they would be going to different colleges in a few weeks, and he wasn’t sure he would have another chance to see her.

Sam had had a crush on Candace since the eighth grade. Nearly everyone at school had known it since the Valentine’s Day incident of 2016, Candace included. Since that day, she had loved to tease Sam, giving him tantalizing glimpses of her developing, gorgeous body at every opportunity throughout high school.

A shriek erupted from Megan nearby. Sam’s attention was pulled from his reverie to see the playful aftermath of something. From the red mark on Megan’s firm, swimsuit-clad butt, Sam guess that Rob had pinched her. He grinned. Those two were always enjoying frisky flirtation. Why couldn’t he have that with Candace?

He knew the answer, of course. Candace was the untouchable beauty, school president, captain of the cheer team, wanted by everyone and had by no one. She had gone on the occasional date, never lacking for suitors on homecoming or prom. But she had never developed a serious relationship. He hadn’t either. He had never wanted anyone but her.

Matt, the quarterback of the football team and one-time Candace homecoming counterpart, handed Sam a beer. Sam had never had one before, and he almost refused. A surge of what-the-fuckness on this, his final opportunity to see Candace, made him accept it. He cracked the can and gulped a mouthful. It tasted awful! Seriously? This is what beer tasted like? Why on earth was the stuff so popular?

Matt laughed at Sam’s sour expression, slapping him on the shoulder.

“Proud of you, man! We’ll make a proper partier out of you yet…”

Sam nodded to the affable athlete, his pursed lips relaxing into an easy smile. He couldn’t prevent his gaze from wandering back to Candace, whose shapely calves were disappearing under the water as she waded in.

Matt followed Sam’s gaze to the beautiful girl in the pond. He leaned down and mussed Sam’s hair.

“Give it up, man. Better men than you have tried and failed. Namely me…” Matt plopped in the sand next to Sam. His longing gaze looked remarkably similar to Sam’s as both young men watched Candace continue into the warm water, which was now up her slender waist.

Mara came up behind them both, smacking them on the backs of the heads.

“Dumbasses,” she said. “Everyone knows Candace is gay.”

“Shut up,” said Matt, grabbing her arm and pulling her on top of both guys with a tangle of toned, athletic limbs. Mara was the school’s star soccer player and self-proclaimed class clown.

Matt tickled her flat stomach, and she flailed, kicking Sam in the face a few times.

“Ow!” he said, annoyed as he skittered further away. “Get a room, you two!”

Matt ceased tickling for a moment, turning to Sam to respond, when he noticed something dropping from the sky. It looked like a person! No, there were white wings! Was it a bird? No, it was a person. Two people! Locked together in some kind of struggle. The white wings seemed to be tangled with black wings. Was it two parachutists who had tangled their chutes? It had to be. They must be white and black parachutes, partially ejected. They just looked like wings.

Before he could really get a proper look at the falling figures, they crashed into the surface of the pond with a huge splash. The pond glowed with a swirling black and white pattern as a pulse of what appeared to be electric power crackled over the surface of the lake.

Candace gave a startled cry, then slipped beneath the rolling wave from the parachutist strike in the center of the pond.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 HikerAngel (UN: hikerangel at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
HikerAngel has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2202398-Supernatural-Beauty/cid/2782953-Wings-of-Fortune