*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Tim
  2. More options
  3. Introduction
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1780490-Inaccurate-Spells-and-Unintended-Curses/cid/1134901-Tim
by sllp12
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #1780490
Magic and sci-fi transformations that go awry, sometimes for the best, often for the worst
This choice: Tim  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Tim

    by: sllp12
Tim was a fit, young and aggressive boss. Within two years of graduation from a prestigious college, he managed to convince his bosses to make himself manager of the department and assign a co-worker and rival, Erica, to the position of assistant. Normally he would have preferred to have had her fired, but he would need a secretary and she was knowledgeable about the department's business practices even if her overweight figure, wasn't the kind of sight he wanted to be greeted by on the way to his large new office.

"So Erica, when are you going to give up and just do your work as a secretary? Don't get me wrong, the bosses loved your ideas once I put a healthy layer of my own polish on them." Says Tim as he picks up and looks over the folder that she thought he didn't notice her move as he walked into the office. She shoots him a dirty look, what she wants to say she knows she can't, but perhaps if her were to take credit for her latest idea it might be the last time he gets the opportunity to do so. "So you're working on a proposal to get a tribe in Africa to get up their mineral rights, but what makes you think they're valuable? Hmmm... that's pretty clever, places with similar geography have been mineral rich and we could probably get the rights for nothing. Tell you what why don't you book me a plane ticket to their country, this could be the proposal the makes me a vice president of this department. Oh and after that, pick up my dry cleaning and buy yourself lunch one me *looking her over* even though it's obvious that you don't need it." He laughs and disappears into his office. She smiles, she has no idea whether there are any resources their to be secured, however she has been reading various stories about the tribal elders also known as witchmen and the legends of how they've treated threatening outsiders. Part of her knew it was a cruel thing to do, the rumors couldn't be true, but in such a dangerous place he might find himself killed. She was having second thoughts, until that last remark. Not giving her any sort of credit for an idea of that magnitude was inexcusable. She smiled as she ordered the plane ticket. He'd be on his way in a few days, giving him just enough time to pack and sell his idea.
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 sllp12 (UN: sllp12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
sllp12 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1780490-Inaccurate-Spells-and-Unintended-Curses/cid/1134901-Tim