*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Catching a Cold
  2. Minako Arisato
  3. Persona 3
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2126177-Persona-Size-Story/cid/2351290-Catching-a-Cold
by Frost
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fanfiction · #2126177
Size themed stories set in the Persona series.
This choice: Slot One  •  Go Back...
Chapter #4

Catching a Cold

    by: Frost
(Takes place between the September and October full moon operations)

Minako Arisato felt a fever coming on. She had just barely escaped the forming typhoon, but she was completely drenched. The dorm lounge was warm, but Minako kept shivering, the rain completely soaking her clothes.

"You just weren't quick enough, huh?" Junpei teased.

Minako was too cold to bother thinking of a response, humming "I'm fine" the best she could manage in an attempt not to worry the others.

Mitsuru didn't buy it. "You're shivering."

"I'm fine," Minako mumbled. "Just a little cold."

Mitsuru sighed, shaking her head. "Just get out of those damp clothes. I'll prepare a bath for you."

Despite her rather distant attitude to the other members of SEES, Mitsuru had a soft spot for Minako, going as far as defending MInako from Junpei's lashing out when she was chosen as leader. Minako could feel an older sister vibe from the school council president, but she could never get her to admit it.

"Thank you." Minako nodded and made her way upstairs, eavesdropping on the others' plans for the sudden break. That sounds fun, she thought, overhearing Fuuka mention going to the movies. Hopefully, I don't get sick.

Entering her dorm room on the girl's floor, Minako felt her body was cold all over, as if she'd come down with an illness. She felt incredibly sleepy.

She fell asleep as soon as her head hit the pillow.

***


Minako woke up in the Velvet Room. Her nose was stuffy, and her head felt hot. Elizabeth and Igor were in front of her, Igor having the same toothy smile.

"I have been waiting for you," Igor said, leaning in closer. "I last summoned you in your dreams quite some time ago. Several seasons have come and gone since I first offered my assistance. Now then... your special power —Persona... Have you been using it wisely."

Minako shrugged. "Well..."

"I see..." Igor hummed. "Regardless, please allow me to provide you with a new form of assistance."

Minako smiled.

"But," Igor chided. "You'll have to earn it."

"What?"

Before Minako could do anything, she was engulfed in a flash of light, and the Velvet Room disappeared.

***


Minako woke up in her room. Her cold had lessened, but her nose was a bit stuffy. She sat up, her clothes feeling stiff after drying naturally.

Just how long was I asleep?

However, once she opened her eyes, she realized something was wrong.

She had shrunk.

Is this what Igor meant when he said I had to earn it?

She stood up and ran to the edge of the bed and felt a pit form in her stomach. She didn't like heights all that much, and having her bed become as tall as a skyscraper wasn't going to help. Racking her brain, Minako looked for something to get her down. She needed to find someone to help her out. Scanning the bed, she found her blanket had hung a bit off the edge of the bed, creating a slide long enough to get her to the ground.

"Okay, Minako, you can do this!" She jumped in place, hyping herself up. "It's just a slide. You've been on the slide near the shrine before. You can do... this."

She felt her stomach twist as she took the leap of faith. Though, as the ridiculously long slide went on, she found it kind of fun, unable to resist the urge to hold her hands in the air as she slid.

Upon landing on the floor, Minako began her journey to the dorm hallways. She had to find someone to help her. Upon crawling under her door, she got an idea. She brought her fingers to her mouth and whistled.

In the distance, she could hear barking. Then, after a minute of waiting Koromaru, one of SEES' newest members and a dog came bounding up the stairs. The dog ran after her room before spotting her and stopping just short of the shrunken girl.

"Good boy, Koro-chan!" Minako praised, glad to be spotted. "I need your help. Can you please take me to someone?"

Koromaru barked before lowering himself for him to climb on. Minako giggled, finding the situation a bit funny. She grabbed a handful of fur, climbing up until she sat on his back, holding onto his collar in an attempt to keep stable. She scratched at the back of his neck, which he seemed to like.

"Okay, Koro-chan, charge!"

The dog bounded on for a total of a few seconds, stopping just in front of...

You have the following choices:

1. Her best friend Yukari's room.

2. Her pseudo older sister Mitsuru's room.

*Noteb*
3. Her navigator Fuuka's room.

*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Frost (UN: mr.tactical at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Frost has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2126177-Persona-Size-Story/cid/2351290-Catching-a-Cold