*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. Get Down The Stairs
  2. Here's Tara
  3. The Beginning
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2204803-Shrunken-At-Your-House/cid/2744362-Get-Down-The-Stairs
by Brute
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Adult · #2204803
What happens when you shrink inside your own home?
This choice: Try and get downstairs (Find Mom)  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Get Down The Stairs

    by: Brute
You catch your breath. Okay, I’m really small… you think to yourself and look around…really, really small. There has to be something to do and that is the age old thing of running to Mom. Your basic instincts are kicking in, always run to your Mommy. You get up and head for the stairs which isn’t easy with the thick carpet. You stay close to the baseboard again instinct told you that having a wall against your back made you safer, danger can only come from one direction now.

You make it to the edge of the first step down, wow it is a long drop. It looks to be about fifteen or sixteen feet high. You think you can walk along the baseboard which slightly protrudes outward and slants down. You reach up and jump trying to pull yourself up but it is no use it is at least 2 feet out of your reach. You sit down on the edge and it dawns on you, not for the first time, that it really isn’t feet you’re measuring they are inches and centimeters. You feel how soft the carpet his under you. Maybe you can jump. Fifteen or sixteen feet can’t kill you if your landing on something soft and don’t land on your back even the fall from your mom’s laundry basket didn’t kill you and that was much higher. You look around and walking along the edge you notice that the carpet is thickest in the center, makes sense because people walk on the sides or straddle the middle when walking up a stair case. Slowly you slide over the edge and when you were far enough you let go and drop…PLUNK, you land on the soft carpet feet first and then finishing in a crouch on all fours. Good, that didn’t heart too much.

Moving to the next one you repeat the motion with the same result, okay only 13 more to go. You make it down another four in the space of what must be fifteen or twenty minutes. It is tiring dropping down and moving to the next one. You flex your hands and stretch your shoulders, been a while since you had to do PE, too bad. You are about to go onto your seventh step when you feel vibrations und your foot. You are in the middle of letting yourself down. You are frozen sprawled over the edge. You can’t tell where it is coming from, up or coming down…the vibrations are getting quicker...

You have the following choices:

1. Aunt Tara or Kelly is coming down (or both)

2. Cathy or Shannon are coming up (or both)

Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 Brute (UN: brutetal at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Brute has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2204803-Shrunken-At-Your-House/cid/2744362-Get-Down-The-Stairs