*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1774600-Becoming-Outgrown/cid/1230946-Meet-Brandon-Alexs-Giant-Best-Friend
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Fantasy · #1774600
You're trapped somewhere with a boy (or boys) who is smaller than you... But not for long!
This choice: ...is fine, but another boy isn't exactly small nearby.  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

Meet Brandon, Alex's Giant Best Friend

    by: citywalker
You rub your eyes, realizing they must be tricking you. For a moment, you thought that Alex was looking different than you remembered, but as you examined him closer, you realized he was the same five-foot-tall skinny twelve-year-old that you remembered.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" he asks, looking suspiciously at you.

"Nothing," you mutter. "No reason. Sorry." A strange feeling washes over you, what your english teacher had called a "sense of foreboding," but you just felt creeped out. Something weird or unexpected was about to happen - you were sure of it.

"Hey, it looks like Brandon's finally made it!" Alex exclaims. "Hey, Brandon! Over here!" He waves his hands in the air in a signaling manner.

Brandon, you recall, is your brother's best friend, slightly older than your brother but nearly the same size, with the same goofy sense of humor. Just like Alex, Brandon got on your nerves slightly, but you things could be worse - overall, you got along okay with him.

You turn around to see Brandon in the distance, who's heading your way, smiling and carrying a couple of surfboards. As he gets closer, that ominous feeling comes back in spades, and you soon realize why - Brandon is much taller than he has any right to be. By the time he's standing next to you and your brother, you're eye-level with his knees, and his face looms overhead. He has to be nearly twenty feet tall! He still looks like a skinny teenager, he's just four times the height of one!

But Alex acts as if nothing is different or wrong. "Hey, Brandon, what took you so long?"

He smiles sheepishly. "It took them a while to get my surfboard ready at the rental shack. And after I called them yesterday and reminded them I was coming down too!" He shakes his head. "I guess that's the price I pay. I got yours too!"

"Thanks!" Alex grins, giving Brandon's shin a playful punch, one that you're sure the giant barely feels. "Now we can hit the waves!"

You're completely unsure of what's going on, but you don't get a chance to ask any questions or voice your confusion, as the two boys run out towards the water, diving in and paddling out several dozen feet. Rubbing your temples, you try to make sense of everything, but nothing clicks for you. As you look out towards Alex and Brandon, who are having the time of their lives, you suddenly realize...
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 citywalker (UN: citywalker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
citywalker has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/1774600-Becoming-Outgrown/cid/1230946-Meet-Brandon-Alexs-Giant-Best-Friend