*Magnify*
Path to this Chapter:
  1. A World, Shackled
  2. For the Empire
  3. A choice of lives
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2246807-Scifi-Size-verse/cid/3075904-A-World-Shackled
Rated: 18+ · Interactive · Sci-fi · #2246807
In a universe where humans have reached the stars...to be the smallest out in the cosmos.
This choice: Solla  •  Go Back...
Chapter #3

A World, Shackled

    by: EggzSupreme
Located somewhere in neutral space lies a small brown sphere named Solla, your birthplace and home. Sure, your planet was not the most beautiful of places, unless for some reason you'd consider endless bland rocky plains as gorgeous, but it had it's own unique charm. Life used to be simple. That was, until the day that the Canis empire came unto the conclusion that Solla's rich metal deposits would benefit their cause.

Thus began the process of integrating Solla into the Empire. What few rebellions were formed at first contact were swiftly and quite literally crushed by the overwhelming Canis forces, often times along with the entirety of the offending settlement. Those who willingly bowed to their new overlords were spared...

A couple of years have passed, and Solla has changed noticeably. Propaganda posters and broadcasting speakers dot every street of every remaining city, constantly reminding the human populace of their vulnerability at the hands of the immeasurably superior Canis. The constant patrols by Canis soldiers served as a much more direct reminder of the aforementioned vulnerability, and you best watch your step, for they certainly won't...

Most humans ended up forced into the mines, given very little time to rest, next to no compensation for their backbreaking labor, with the vast majority of the gathered resources taken by the Empire. It was slavery by any other name.

But the human will is indomitable. There still exists a resistance against the Empire's rule. Given how utterly outmatched they are, a free Solla seems like an impossible dream...

But what role do you play in this bleak mess?
*Noteb* indicates the next chapter needs to be written.
Members who added to this interactive
story also contributed to these:

<<-- Previous · Outline   · Recent Additions

© Copyright 2024 EggzSupreme (UN: eggzsupreme1 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
punkachu has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work within this interactive story. Poster accepts all responsibility, legal and otherwise, for the content uploaded, submitted to and posted on Writing.Com.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/interactive-story/item_id/2246807-Scifi-Size-verse/cid/3075904-A-World-Shackled